The Killeen City Council will vote to set the city’s preliminary property tax rate of 74.98 cents per $100 of taxable value assessed at its regular meeting today — the same as last fiscal year’s rate. Read more
FORT HOOD — The 1st Cavalry Division hosted a patch and retreat ceremony on Monday at Cooper Field to bid farewell to three of the unit’s senior leaders and welcome two incoming division deputy commanders. Read more
Special Section: The New Frontier
A special report on municipal utility districts.
- Controversial future development shapes Killeen's growth
- Killeen developer doubles down on family ties for Belton MUD
- Belton MUD shows stark differences from counterpart in Killeen
- Killeen needs millions for projects related to Turnbo Ranch subdivision
- MUD denizens will pay the same as city residents for water supply
As Killeen school officials were about to tout improvements in special education, a parent said services haven’t been delivered to her daughter. Read more
Special Section: Quest for an Audit
A special report on Killeen's search.
- Editor's note: Quest for an Audit
- 'Burden of proof' on Killeen as investigation nears
- Killeen city manager provides focus on audit to council
- Council candidates, incumbents weigh in on forensic audit
- Editorial: Full audit, not scaled-back investigation, way to restore trust
- Warnings: Signs of struggle along the way
- Audit timeline
- Audit status
- Audit types
The Public Utility Commission of Texas on Friday ruled that Kempner Water Supply Corporation is not entitled to compensation from the city of Lampasas in the wake of a water battle between the two entities, Lampasas City Manager Finley deGraffenried announced in a news release late Friday. Read more
How do you want the city to spend your tax money? Read more
The reality of Killeen’s budget crunch just hit home. Read more
On Tuesday, the membership of Killeen’s Vive Les Arts Theatre was given the opportunity to decide the fate of the theater. Did members make the right decision in voting to keep the financially troubled theater open? More importantly, did they have the right to make that decision? Read more
If your accountant told you that the IRS was probably going to audit your taxes, what would you do? Read more
The ongoing drama involving the planned closing of Killeen’s Vive Les Arts Theatre is itself worthy of the stage. Read more
I follow TKO Nutrition on Facebook and through their website because they are ALWAYS providing discounts and donating part of their proceeds to various organizations.
Back-to-school deals are now underway.
Did you know that some of the products that you see at drugstores like CVS are also at The Dollar Tree?