Remembering Gen. Robert Shoemaker
Special Section: The New Frontier
A special report on municipal utility districts.
- Controversial future development shapes Killeen's growth
- Killeen developer doubles down on family ties for Belton MUD
- Belton MUD shows stark differences from counterpart in Killeen
- Killeen needs millions for projects related to Turnbo Ranch subdivision
- MUD denizens will pay the same as city residents for water supply
The public won’t have any new information yet on the investigation into Killeen’s finances, but the Killeen City Council and city managers will be getting a glimpse. Read more
The Central Texas-Fort Hood Chapter of the Association of the U.S. Army will host a general membership meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday at Big Hoss BBQ, 9502 E. Trimmier Road in Killeen. Read more
As Killeen school officials were about to tout improvements in special education, a parent said services haven’t been delivered to her daughter. Read more
Special Section: Quest for an Audit
A special report on Killeen's search.
- Editor's note: Quest for an Audit
- 'Burden of proof' on Killeen as investigation nears
- Killeen city manager provides focus on audit to council
- Council candidates, incumbents weigh in on forensic audit
- Editorial: Full audit, not scaled-back investigation, way to restore trust
- Warnings: Signs of struggle along the way
- Audit timeline
- Audit status
- Audit types
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate on Monday confirmed the chairwoman of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to another five-year term on the panel. Read more
*** EXPLICIT LANGUAGE *** Body camera video released by the Lampasas County Sheriff's Department through an open records request shows the arrest of Gage Blackwell, 18, of Lampasas, on May 25, 2017.
When retired Gen. Robert M. Shoemaker died last week at the age of 93, he left the Killeen-Fort Hood community with an enduring legacy of service. Read more
If you don’t agree with an unfavorable report, try to discredit the people who wrote it. Read more
Killeen city and school officials failed the taxpayers last week. Read more
Remember the ongoing audit into Killeen’s financial dealings? Read more
5 years ago, I was at the heights of extreme couponing. It felt like the deals just fell in my hands and it was such an exciting feeling to get so much for so little. Oh, and my stockpile? It was big and beautiful! However, during the last 6 months of this type of adventure, I slowly swayed …
Want to go do something but strapped for cash at the moment? How about this??: when you get funds in your account, buy each family member a PogoPass then you won't have to worry about buying admission tickets ALL YEAR LONG!So when a times comes when you don't have a lot of cash available yet…
For the Killeen, Fort Hood and surrounding areas, there are tons of great programs that are free or at low cost that are provided for most children.