What's up beer fans?
Like I promised last time I am finally getting around to that Leinenkugel's Hoppin' Helles review. Before I start, let me explain what a Helles style beer is. According to the German Beer Institute, Helles is a German noun meaning "light one." However, this only refers to the actual color of the beer and not the caloric or alcoholic strength that we Americans view as a "light beer."
I personally can not recall ever having a Helles style before this one, so I have little to compare it to other than other tasty beers I have had. But I will say right off that I was a big fan of this beer. With a kind of pale yellow color and a head that disappears almost entirely, the Hoppin Helles certainly looks very inviting from a pint glass. With its hoppy, grassy, grainy aroma, and hoppy yet mild flavor, the Hoppin' Helles is definitely an enjoyable beer to sip on. Add in its 5.50 percent alcohol by volume rating, and this beer is easy to enjoy whether you are having one or a few with your buddies.
If I had one complaint about this beer it would be that the flavor could be a little more aggressive. The aroma is so fantastic that the actual flavor is a slight disappointment, but overall a pretty good beer.
What is your opinion of the Hoppin Helles? Leave a comment below and let me know what you think.
Erik Papke is a tall, handsome, son of a gun who enjoys his weather hot and his beer cold. Growing up in Texas, Erik decided to venture to the North for his education, graduating from the University of Iowa in 2012.
- Police: Jasper Road bridge over Hwy. 190 in Killeen damaged
- Suspect fatally shot by police in Killeen was a juvenile, investigators say
- Police: Gunshots fired at North 38th Street Sun Mart
- 1 suspect dead after robbery attempt in Killeen Market
- Former Killeen police officer resigned after suspension, records show
- Tooth found in Wal-Mart ground beef, woman says
- Killeen family reports daughter missing
- Trump's tax plan could face a budget deficit challenge
- Interstate through Killeen: Officials celebrate the new I-14
- Texas Rangers investigating shooting at Killeen store