Heights chamber events set this week
The Harker Heights Chamber of Commerce has scheduled these events this week:
- Coffee Connection at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at Harker Heights Food Bank, Trinity Baptist Church, 403 E. Farm-to-Market 2410.
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony and grand opening at Training Center For HealthCare Careers, 455 E. Central Texas Expressway, Suite 106, Harker Heights.
- Business after-hours mixer, 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Aegis Communications Inc., 777 Twin Creek Drive, Killeen.
- Food drive, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Walmart, Harker Heights, all donations go to the Harker Heights Food Care Center.
For more information on chamber events, call (254) 699-4999 or go to www.hhchamber.net.
— Deb Moore
Taxpayer seminar Thursday in Waco
On Thursday, the comptroller’s office will offer a free taxpayer seminar in Waco from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Comptroller’s Field Office, in the Raleigh State Office Building, 801 Austin Ave., Suite 190.
During the seminar, taxpayers can learn how to properly fill out tax forms, and file and pay taxes electronically.
Information about e-services will be available to help taxpayers manage their accounts online. Comptroller representatives will be on hand to answer questions and provide assistance to attendees.
For more information about the seminar, call (254) 752-3147. Tax forms and tax information can also be found at www.window.state.tx.us.
— M. Clare Haefner
Small-business workshops planned
The Business Resource Center plans the following seminars during October:
- Business Plan Basics from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Oct. 16: This workshop covers a thorough overview of business planning, with a question-and-answer session. A workbook is included. The cost is $25 per person.
- Techniques for Promoting Your Business from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Oct. 23: This workshop will discuss specifics about how to market a business and budget for related costs. A workbook for preparing a marketing plan is included. The cost is $25 per person.
- Basics of Opening a Restaurant from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Oct. 30: This workshop will discuss the fundamentals and requirements involved in starting a new restaurant business. The cost is $25 per person.
Reserve a seat for any seminar at least one day in advance by phone at (254) 200-2001 or email email@example.com.
All classes are conducted at the Killeen Workforce Center, 300 Cheyenne, Killeen.
— M. Clare Haefner