Heights chamber announces events
The Harker Heights Chamber of Commerce has several events planned this month, including:
- Board of directors meeting, 9 a.m. Wednesday, chamber board room.
- Ribbon-cutting/open house, Wellstone Health Partners, in medical plaza next to Seton hospital, 11 a.m. to noon Jan. 22.
- Ribbon-cutting, Today’s Car Wash, Farm-to-Market 2410, Harker Heights, 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Open enrollment ongoing for Vision XXI starting in February.
For more information, call Jennifer Ciffra at (254) 699-4999.
— Deb Moore
Resource center offering workshops
The Central Texas Business Resource Center is offering the following workshops in January:
- Being Your Own Boss, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, cost is $25 per person. This workshop will discuss the fundamentals of starting your own business and how to prepare for self-employment. It includes a review of licenses and permits along with a Q&A session.
- Writing a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Jan. 22, cost is $25 per person. This workshop will discuss specific techniques to use in order to write a persuasive business plan. A workbook for preparing a business plan is included.
- Basics of Opening a Restaurant, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Jan. 29, cost is $25 per person. This workshop will discuss the fundamentals and requirements involved in starting a new restaurant business venture.
Reserve your seat at least one day in advance. Call (254) 200-2001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All classes are conducted at the Killeen Workforce Center, 300 Cheyenne, Killeen.
— Deb Moore
Fort Hood vendor conference Feb. 6
The Central Texas Business Resource Center will conduct the seventh annual Fort Hood Region Government Vendor Conference and Exposition on Feb. 6 at the Killeen Civic and Conference Center. The event will help people better understand the process of doing business with the prime contractors and government agencies. Attendees have the opportunity to network one-on-one with representatives and attend conference sessions such as Introduction to Government Contracting, How to do Business with AAFES and Obtaining Contract Financing.
Registration is $100 per person thru Jan. 31, then increases to $125 per person. Exhibitor booths are $400 through Jan. 25, then $500. Sponsorships are available through Jan. 25, starting at $1,000.
For more information or to sign up, go to www.forthoodgovexpo.org or call the Central Texas Business Resource Center at (254) 200-2001.
— M. Clare Haefner