Kids growing up in a digital age have dealt with a lot of things their parents didn’t — including learning how to navigate their privacy online. To help them, an anti-tracking start-up called Disconnect has released a kid-focused app that will block tracking from advertisers on the Web and on phone apps, with the promise that information on any device the app is installed on will stay there. In addition to blocking trackers — users have some say over which networks are blocked and which aren’t — the app also has a few videos and comics that teach how online tracking works. Free, for iOS devices.
- Retired Gen. Robert Shoemaker dies at 93
- Killeen man gets life sentence
- Killeen man arrested after boating incident kills girl, maims father
- Bell County justice of the peace arraigns own son
- Woman indicted in hit-and-run
- County appraisers cut sky-high property value increases in surprise move
- Boat driver allegedly admits he couldn’t see behind the boat
- 2017 Independence Day celebrations around the Killeen-Fort Hood area
- Woman airlifted after shooting to hospital with life-threatening injuries, police say
- Residents: Gen. Shoemaker’s death leaves void
The Central Texas-Fort Hood Chapter of the Association of the U.S. Army will host a general membership meeting at 6 p.m. July 12 at Big Hoss BBQ, 9502 E. Trimmier Road.
Central Texas College will host a tailfin tailgate called Friday Night Flights on Friday at its aviation science hangar at Skylark Field in Killeen.