Kids growing up in a digital age have dealt with a lot of things their parents didn’t — including learning how to navigate their privacy online. To help them, an anti-tracking start-up called Disconnect has released a kid-focused app that will block tracking from advertisers on the Web and on phone apps, with the promise that information on any device the app is installed on will stay there. In addition to blocking trackers — users have some say over which networks are blocked and which aren’t — the app also has a few videos and comics that teach how online tracking works. Free, for iOS devices.
- 'Please remove this décor' post on Hobby Lobby’s Facebook page is getting a lot of attention
- KKK fliers circulated through Killeen neighborhoods
- 1 dead after Killeen shooting
- Feds: 26 guns stolen in Copperas Cove, reward offered
- No charges against former Lampasas deputy, spokesman says
- 1 dead after central Killeen shooting
- Actor Gary Sinise makes appearance in Killeen
- Soldier dies during training at Fort Hood
- Harker Heights woman facing felony drug charge
- Auto-pedestrian accident in Killeen leaves 1 injured, causes delays
A rollover crash on U.S. Highway 190/Interstate 14 late Sunday night led to a driver being brought to a hospital in critical condition, according to Killeen police spokeswoman Ofelia Miramontez.
Members of the Central Texas Law Enforcement Torch Run Committee will host a “tip-a-cop” event at the Copperas Cove Applebee’s restaurant, 2525 E. Business U.S. Highway 190, on Thursday.