Some errands require the weather to be just right, and no one likes to cancel plans because of rain, only to see sunshine an hour later. This app takes some of the pain out of planning activities by giving you a forecast set up just for hiking, biking or sipping pina coladas outside. When you set up an activity, you can tell the app your parameters, based on the time of day and three of the following: temperature, cloudiness, wind speed, humidity, precipitation or UV index. Then, it gives you an hour-by-hour forecast for the next several days and graphs how ideal conditions will be. You can see graphs for multiple cities using the same criteria. Predictions aren’t always perfect — this is the weather, after all — but it’s a handy planning tool and lets you share plans with friends. A couple of features would make this app more worth its price — namely the ability to add events to your calendar, or notifications so that you don’t miss your window. But if you find yourself on the wrong side of the weather a lot, it may be worth a try. $1.99, for iOS devices.
- Details released in fatal June collision that killed 23-year-old
- Woman sentenced for 2015 murder
- DPS releases gang activity report
- 13th Sustainment Command welcomes new top enlisted soldier
- 23-year-old woman shot and killed near Willow Springs Road
- No update in Killeen's latest homicide case
- Teen involved in 2015 Trimmier racing incident gets 8 years probation
- Killeen city manager selects Charles Kimble to be police chief
- Chamorros celebrate Guam’s liberation
- Police chase ends in crash
The Family Aquatics Center at Lions Club Park is closed for filtration maintenance in the multiuse pool through Friday. The center will reopen at 10 a.m. Saturday.
The Copperas Cove animal shelter will be closed to the public Saturday because of road construction and repair near the entrance to the facility.
The original Galileans, loved by millions nationwide, will reunite in two concerts today to celebrate Pastor John and Linda Abbey’s ninth anniversary as pastors at Bethel Church, 4307 E. Veterans Memorial Blvd., Killeen.
The Greater Killeen Free Clinic and its community partners will host “Day of Smiles,” a communitywide dental day, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. today for those 18 and older who do not have dental insurance.