SMARTPHONE HOLIDAY SHOPPING
Shannon Titus plans to use a smartphone when shopping for the holidays as she scans some items on her phone at Peet’s Coffee & Tea in Oakland, Calif.
- HOLIDAY MOBILE SHOPPING DIGITS
- 46 percent of shoppers will use smartphones to shop for holiday gifts.
- 41 percent will use tablets for holiday shopping.
- 14 percent use coupons from their mobile phone.
- 1 in 3 smartphone owners ages 18 to 34 will purchase gifts from their phone.
- 30 percent of visits to a retailer’s website will come from a smartphone or tablet.
- 14 percent to 20 percent of sales for retailers with website will come through mobile devices.
- 41 percent of smartphone shoppers plan to spend less than $100 on mobile.
- 4 in 10 shoppers will shop from mobile device while they are in a store.
- 72 percent of smartphone owners use at least one shopping apps.
SOURCE: Based on consumer studies by PriceGrabber, Adboe, Deloitte, Burst Media and Google Think Insights
Posted: Thursday, November 28, 2013 4:30 am
If the crowds at the mall seem a bit thinner this holiday season, it may be because more shoppers are at home, buying gifts on an iPad.
This year, more consumers than ever before are expected to rely on their mobile gadgets as holiday shopping companions. There’s even a name for it: “couch commerce.”
Or, use your
Thursday, November 28, 2013 4:30 am.