If the holidays aren’t complete until you’ve driven through a tunnel of psychedelic Christmas lights, sung the “Twelve Days of Christmas” while inhaling exhaust from a nearby car and cupped hot cocoa with the windows rolled down, then you’re a fan of Nature in Lights.
In its 16th year, the annual holiday lights display at Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area switches on another season at 5:30 p.m. today. The self-paced tour runs through Jan. 6.
- Clear Creek Road or Hood Road to Old Ironsides Avenue
- Turn right on to Old Ironsides Avenue
- Turn left on to Martin Drive/East Range Road
- Turn right on to North Nolan Road, go 9 miles
- Turn left on Cottage Road
- Hwy 190 to WS Young north to Rancier Avenue
- Turn right on to Rancier Avenue/Hwy 439
- Turn left on Sparta Road
- Turn right on Cottage Road
- Interstate 35 exit Hwy West Exit Loop 121 North
- Turn left to Sparta Road
- Turn right to Cottage Road