All Copperas Cove Independent School District campuses will be closed for school through Friday, a district spokeswoman just announced.
Classes will resume on Monday, Dec. 17.
All campuses will be closed to students and staff through Friday.
"The district is reviewing emergency procedures and strengthening them before students are allowed on campuses," said superintendent Joe Burns in a statement. "We're doing everything in our power to provide a safe environment."
Burns said the district also wants to give the police department an opportunity to complete its investigations without more threats thwarting those efforts.
Contact Holly Wise at firstname.lastname@example.org or (254) 501-7555
- Police: Jasper Road bridge over Hwy. 190 in Killeen damaged
- Suspect fatally shot by police in Killeen was a juvenile, investigators say
- Juvenile suspect killed in T-Mobile store robbery identified
- Police: Gunshots fired at North 38th Street Sun Mart
- 1 suspect dead after robbery attempt in Killeen Market
- Former Killeen police officer resigned after suspension, records show
- Tooth found in Wal-Mart ground beef, woman says
- Killeen family reports daughter missing
- Trump's tax plan could face a budget deficit challenge
- Killeen red-light cameras will shut off Sunday night