FRIDAY, AUG. 15
- THE SENIOR CENTER offers Stretch & Flex at 8 a.m.; Texercise at 8:30 a.m.; a snack at 11 a.m., and TexMed Bingo at noon.
- THE YMCA has taekwondo from 5:30 to 8:15 p.m. (depending on age), and late night basketball from 8 to 11 p.m.
- 5 HILLS COWBOY CHURCH offers roping practice and women’s Bible study both starting at 7 p.m.
- SATURDAY, AUG. 16
- THE YMCA has Zumba Fitness from 10 to 11 a.m., and sparring from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
MONDAY, AUG. 18
- VFW POST 8577 will meet at 7 p.m. The kitchen will be open from 5 to 8 p.m. The Ladies Auxiliary will have a potluck at 6 p.m. with guest, Koko McCrum, at the 7 p.m. meeting.
- THE SENIOR CENTER offers Stretch & Flex at 8 a.m.; Texercise at 8:30 a.m.; crochet/knit or yoga at 9 a.m., and games at 10 a.m.
- THE YMCA has Boot Camp from 10 to 10:45 a.m.; yoga from 5:30 to 7 p.m.; and Zumba Toning from 7 to 8 p.m.
- 5 HILLS COWBOY CHURCH offers guitar lessons at 6:30 p.m.
TUESDAY, AUG. 19
- THE COPPERAS COVE BASS CLUB invites all bass fishermen interested in tournament fishing to come to a club meeting at 7 p.m. at Lil-Tex Restaurant. Call Ray at 254-630-3532.
- THE YMCA has yoga from 9 to 10:30 a.m.; taekwondo from 5:30 to 8:15 p.m. (depending on age), and Zumba Fitness from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- THE SENIOR CENTER offers Pokeno at 10 a.m.; Dr. Morsch, Family Medical, will discuss adult vaccines at 11 a.m., and a potluck at noon.
- HILLSIDE MINISTRIES meets from 6:30 to 9 p.m. for Celebrate Recovery at 2602 S. Farm-to-Market 116, Copperas Cove. Call Don Chennault at 254-317-8184.
- TAKE OFF POUNDS SENSIBLY meets at 7 p.m. at the Cove Christian Church, 1908 Morrow Drive. Call 254-368-5829.
- FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH in Copperas Cove meets from 6 to 8:30 p.m. for Celebrate Recovery. Child care and meal provided. Call Felipe Nieto at 254-290-8959.
- 5 HILLS COWBOY CHURCH offers Bible study at 7:30 p.m.
- KEMPNER OAK HILLS BAPTIST CHURCH offers free coffee, conversation, prayer and Bible study from 10 a.m. to noon at the corner of Farm-to-Market 2657 and County Road 4934, Kempner. English and Korean are spoken. Call Dennis or Suk Wichelt at 254-542-4210.
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 20
- LONE STAR LEGAL AID will conduct interviews from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Justice of the Peace Courtroom, Coryell County Annex, 201 S. Second St., Copperas Cove. This is a free service for low-income residents of Coryell County in civil legal matters such as landlord/tenant, Social Security, powers of attorney, wills, probate, consumer issues, bankruptcy, Medicaid issues and domestic matters. Call 254-939-5773, ext. 2126, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time.
- THE SENIOR CENTER offers Stretch & Flex at 8 a.m.; walking club at 8:30 a.m., and Dirty Marbles at 9 a.m.
- THE YMCA has Boot Camp from 10 to 10:45 a.m.; yoga from 5:30 to 7 p.m., and Zumba Toning from 7 to 8 p.m.
- VFW POST 8577, in conjunction with Bring Everyone in the Zone, will provide Peer to Peer Support for service members, veterans and their families from 8 to 9 p.m. at 1506 Veterans Ave. Call Odie O’Dwyer at 254-542-2748.
- KEMPNER UNITED METHODIST CHURCH hosts Wednesday Night Recharge. Join us for prayer, discipleship and a light supper at 6 p.m. You do not have to be a church member to participate. The church is at the light in Kempner. Call 512-932-3011.
- VFW POST 8577 has service officers available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 1506 Veterans Ave., for assistance filing VA claims or counseling of veterans, widows and orphans. Call ODie O’Dwyer at 254-542-2748.
- 5 HILLS COWBOY CHURCH hosts the Mending Fences Addiction program. Meal starts at 6 p.m. and the program starts at 7 p.m. There are play date events in the arena.
THURSDAY, AUG. 21
- THE YMCA has yoga from 9 to 10:30 a.m., and Zumba Fitness from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- THE SENIOR CENTER offers Fellowship at 9:30 a.m.; Learn Chickenfoot (dominoes) at 10 a.m.; and basic computer class at 11 a.m.
- KEMPNER OAK HILL BAPTIST CHURCH offers free coffee, conversation, prayer and Bible study from 10 a.m. to noon at the corner of Farm-to-Market 2657 and County Road 4934, Kempner. English and Korean are spoken. Call Dennis or Suk Wichelt at 254-542-4210.
- COPPERAS COVE ROTARY CLUB meets from noon to 1 p.m. at Grace United Methodist. Call Norman Mitchell at 254-371-4334