Copperas Cove High School thespians will host a one-act play performance of “Tom Jones” at 7 p.m. Saturday at the CCHS auditorium at 400 S. 25th St.
“Tom Jones” was written by Charlotte Brown and directed by Bill Taylor and Allison Underhill.
Students originally performed the play March 20 at the 8-5A UIL OAP Zone Contest at CCHS, said school district spokeswoman Olga Peña-Gaede.
The play included 52 performers and all-star cast awards recognized the top eight performers from all the plays.
Honorable mention was given to the next eight overall performers.
Several high school students received awards in the contest, including:
- Kaylyn Kirkpatrick — All Star Cast
- Josh Purvis — All Star Cast
- Branson Hinds — Honorable mention, All Star Cast
- Andrew Smith — Honorable mention, All Star Cast
- Alex Wells — Honorable mention, All Star Cast
- Lizzie Cleverley — Outstanding Techie (one of four awarded)
Contact Corinne Lincoln-Pinheiro at firstname.lastname@example.org or 254-501-7476