As featured on
Police say the U.S. Capitol has been put on a security lockdown amid reports of possible shots fired outside the building.
Three days into a government shutdown, President Barack Obama pointedly blamed House Speaker John Boehner on Thursday for keeping federal agencies closed, while the bitter budget dispute moved closer to a more critical showdown over the nation’s line of credit. The Treasury warned of calamitous results if Congress fails to raise the debt limit.
- Former student gets 8 years in fatal Killeen racing deaths
- Lampasas deputy on leave after use of force
- Fort Hood widow observes two Memorial Days this year
- Residents report loud booms in Killeen-Temple area
- Horror stories: Heights landowners protest property tax bumps
- Killeen police arrest 10 during online prostitution sting
- Stan Schlueter resurfacing company defends work
- Killeen council renews youth curfew in 6-1 vote
- The Last Roundup: Skyrocketing property appraisals threaten dissolvency for local landowners
- Waco woman indicted in Heights slayings
Central Texas College and the Mayborn Science Theater will host a free sneak preview of GeekFest 2017 on June 3. Fans of the popular event, which celebrates all things gaming, anime, science fiction, can get a taste of what’s to come during GeekFest, scheduled for Aug. 11-13. Read more
LAMPASAS — The Lampasas Economic Development Corporation has hit maximum capacity on the number of businesses attending its Summer Job Fair on Thursday. Read more