As featured on
It doesn’t take a half-day of driving to get a change of scenery, complete with a dose of history and art, for a weekend getaway. The village of Salado, just south of Belton on Interstate 35, offers 12 bed and breakfast options for couples and groups looking for a different kind of weekend activity — and is only about a half-hour drive away from Killeen.
- Retired Gen. Robert Shoemaker dies at 93
- Bell County justice of the peace arraigns own son
- Woman airlifted after shooting to hospital with life-threatening injuries, police say
- Woman indicted in hit-and-run
- Killeen man arrested after boating incident kills girl, maims father
- Police report shots fired near Maxdale Elementary School
- 2017 Independence Day celebrations around the Killeen-Fort Hood area
- Over half of 2016 Bell County new foreclosures tied to VA loans
- Suspect not indicted in former Shoemaker football player’s death
- Series filmed at Fort Hood to air in September
Central Texas College will host a tailfin tailgate called Friday Night Flights on Friday at its aviation science hangar at Skylark Field in Killeen.
The Texas Department of Public Safety is backtracking on a plan to cut open hours at 11 of the state’s most popular driver’s license offices.