The Harker Heights Police Department had seven vehicle burglaries reported in the last week, and that number continues to climb, Sgt. Roosevelt Wilson Jr. said.
Suspects broke into several vehicles throughout the city. He said the perpetrators in three of the thefts used forced entry. The separate incidents were reported in residential areas along Rustler Circle and Elk Trail, at a business on Indian Oaks, and at Market Heights and Walmart.
“Three of them were forced entry where they damaged and shattered the windows of the vehicles, and cut the top of a Jeep,” Wilson said.
Items like a purse, tools, Sony PSP, cell phone, a passport, $120 in cash, a knife and a car backup sensor were all reported stolen in the separate incident. Wilson reminds the community to remove valuable items from their vehicles at all times, and ensure the items are not left in plain site.
Police also report a recent vehicle burglary at 11:32 p.m. Feb. 16 in the 200 block of East Central Texas Expressway and another at 9 a.m. Feb. 17 in the 2000 block of Heights Drive. Police have not yet made any arrests and could not confirm if the thefts may be linked.
The police department is also tracking an increase in criminal mischief in the city, with nine occurring last week. Wilson said the crimes were reported in areas along Paintbrush Drive, Diana Lane and Fox Trail.
“It ranges from a damaged door to a vehicle to tires being slashed, and in one instance there was damage to a television set and then another reported damaged vehicles,” he said, referring to the cases as random acts of violence.
Police have not made any arrests related to these incidents.
- Anyone with information about the crimes can call the police department at (254) 953-5400.
- Harker Heights police also indicated:
- A theft was reported at 12:30 a.m. Feb. 11 in the 500 block of 500 East Veterans Memorial Boulevard.
- Possession of marijuana was reported at 9 a.m. Feb. 11 along Maya Trail and Zuni Trace.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 2 p.m. Feb. 11 in the 400 block of Lynn Drive.
- A terroristic threat was reported at 2:45 p.m. Feb. 11 in the 400 block of Brittney Way.
- A theft was reported at 12:30 p.m. Feb. 12 in the 100 block of West Robin Lane.
- A verbal harassment was reported at 9:29 a.m. Feb 13 in the 200 block of Dale Earnhardt Drive.
- Possession of marijuana was reported at 1:36 p.m. Feb. 13 along Indian Trail Drive and Suzanne Lane.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 4:20 p.m. Feb. 13 in the 900 block of Rosewood Drive.
- A theft was reported at 4:48 p.m. Feb. 13 in the 200 block of East Central Texas Expressway.
- A verbal harassment was reported at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 13 in the 300 block of Wrought Iron Drive.
- A theft was reported at a specialty store at 4:48 p.m. Feb. 13 in the 200 block of East Central Texas Expressway.
- A theft was reported at a department/ discount store at 4:55 p.m. Feb. 13 in the 200 block of East Central Texas Expressway
- A theft was reported at 1:12 a.m. Feb. 14 in the 1600 block of Inca Drive.
- A criminal trespass was reported at 7:30 a.m. Feb. 14 in the 1100 block of Indian Trail Drive.
- Possession of marijuana was reported at 3:45 p.m. Feb. 14 in the 400 block of North Amy Lane.
- An assault was reported at 5:39 p.m. Feb. 14 in the 900 block of Travis Lane.
- A theft was reported at a restaurant at 4:24 p.m. Feb. 15 in the 800 block of South Ann Boulevard.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 2:10 a.m. Feb. 16 in the 500 block of West Veterans Memorial Boulevard.
- Illegal dumping was reported at 1:22 p.m. Feb. 16 in the 1400 block of Mohican Trail.
- A theft of a person was reported at an apartment at 3 p.m. Feb. 18 in the 200 block of Dale Earnhardt Drive.