- If you go
What: Fourth annual Welcome Home Celebration for all active-duty soldiers, veterans and their immediate families.
When: From 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Carl Levin Park, 400 Miller’s Crossing in Harker Heights.
Schedule of events
- 4 p.m. — Opening ceremonies with retired Sgt. 1st Class Dana Bowman
- 4:45 p.m. — Blue Jean Angels
- 5:25 p.m. — 10th Leper Band
- 5:10 p.m. — Brandi (Acoustic)
- 6:10 p.m. — Stage change and door prizes
- 6:25 p.m. — Andrea Marie & the Magnolia Band
- 7:50 p.m. — Closing tribute
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 4:30 am
Posted on Sep 21, 2012
HARKER HEIGHTS — Retired Sgt. 1st Class Dana Bowman, the first double amputee to re-enlist in the Army, will kick off the fourth annual Welcome Home Celebration by parachuting into the event during an opening ceremony at 4 p.m. Saturday at Carl Levin Park.
Active-duty soldiers, veterans and their immediate family members are invited to the event, sponsored by the Central Texas Veterans Health Care System. It includes free food, door prizes, entertainment and a job fair featuring employers who want to hire veterans.
Or, use your
Contact Sarah Rafique at email@example.com or (254) 501-7549. Follow her on Twitter at KDHreporter.
Friday, September 21, 2012 4:30 am.