BELTON — People can experience the American dream at the Temple Area Builders Association Parade of Homes the next two weekends.
Sixteen homes will be on display in Temple, Belton and Salado today through Sunday and May 2-4. Each will have unique floor plans and designs.
“TABA has been putting on a parade just about as long as we have been in existence for almost 40 years,” said Troy Glasson, executive director of TARB.
Homes that are on display include custom and spec homes ranging in price from $225,000 to well over $700,000. Homes range in size from 2,000 square feet to almost 5,000 square feet showcasing TABA builders’ talents and the latest in technology and building techniques.
Homes are judged twice — once by a panel of local builders and once by a panel of local residents. Builders Choice and People’s Choice awards are presented to builders by cost category. A lengthy list of items — including everything from counter top space to overall architectural design — is scored by each of the parade judges and those scores are calculated to find which builder scored the most points, Glasson said.
It is estimated that almost 2,000 people will attend the parade over the course of two weekends.
Admission is $5 per adult and $2 for children 12 and younger; babies in arms are admitted free. Tickets are good for all six days of the parade, and provide unlimited viewing.
The hours both weekends are from 6 to 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays.
Homes, parade addresses and entries are:
- Arnold Builders, 6454 Sienna Circle, Temple, in the D’Antoni’s subdivision.
- Carothers Executive Homes, 12 Vista De Luna, Temple, in the Lago Terra subdivision.
- Carothers Executive Homes, 107 Lago Verde, Temple, in the Lago Terra subdivision.
- D.R. Horton, 1135 Fawn Lily Drive, Temple, in the Lake Pointe subdivision.
- D.R. Horton, 5018 Ledgestone Trail, Temple, in the Stonegate subdivision.
- Dusek Custom Homes, 3106 Dunns Canyon, Belton, in the Dawson’s Ranch subdivision.
- Dusek Custom Homes, 3205 Purple Sage, Belton, in the Dawson’s Ranch subdivision.
- Dustin Dewalt Custom Homes, 1089 Niagara Heights, Belton, in the Springs at Escarpment subdivision.
- Kasberg Homes, 3232 Rocking M Lane, Belton.
- Kasberg Homes, 412 Park Place, Temple, in the Woodbridge Creek subdivision.
- Kiella Homebuilders, 35 Richard, Belton, in the Campus at Lakewood Ranch subdivision.
- MF Construction, 2304 Pirtle, Salado, in the Salado Lakeview/Cedar Knob Estates subdivision.
- Omega Builders, 218 Winnsboro Way, Belton, in the Campus at Lakewood Ranch subdivision.
- Stillwater Custom Homes, 603 Cliffs Drive, Belton, in the Cliffs at Nolan Creek subdivision.
- Texas Premier Homes, 1454 Overlook Ridge, Temple, in the Overlook Ridge Estates 2 subdivision.
- TVJ Builders, 950 Ridge Oak Drive, Belton, in the Ranches of Woodland Trails subdivision.