Scrapbooks and photo albums give hints of the history of Meadows Elementary School, which opened in 1953 the same year the Fort Hood school district consolidated with the Killeen school system. The school was named for Lt. Col. Benjamin Meadows, an engineer with the Army Corps of Engineers who designed the early structures that became Fort Hood.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.