Fort Hood Massacre Survivor Reflects on Fateful Day
Chief Warrant Officer-3 Christopher Royal reflects on the Nov. 5, 2009 massacre at Fort Hood during an interview on Friday, Oct. 26. Royal is one of 30 people injured during the attack that killed 13 people.
Massacre On post
Herald/DAVID MORRIS - Soldiers from the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment storm the grounds of the Soldier Readiness Processing site in a show of force as they help in the apprehension of Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan following a mass shooting in which 12 people died and 31 others were wounded Thursday at Fort Hood.
Emergency Personel work to save soldiers
Emergency personel work to save soldiers transported from the Soldier Readiness Center to Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center following a mass shooting where 12 individuals were killed and 31 others.
Soldiers of the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment
Soldiers from the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment storm the grounds of the Soldier Readiness Center in a show of force as they help in the apprehension of Maj. XX, following his mass shooting where he killed 12 individuals including a civilian police officer and wounded 31 others, Thursday.
Posted: Sunday, July 7, 2013 4:30 am
Updated: 2:13 pm, Thu Jan 23, 2014.
Posted on Jul 7, 2013
On Nov. 5, 2009, Noel Del Rosario was working his regular shift as a volunteer at Metroplex Hospital in Killeen when he received a phone call from his son.
“He told me that there had been a shooting on post, and that we had people in-bound,” said Del Rosario, 64, an Army veteran and Killeen resident. “I went to tell the staff right away.”
Or, use your
Contact Chris McGuinness at firstname.lastname@example.org or (254) 501-7568. Follow him on Twitter at ChrismKDH.
Sunday, July 7, 2013 4:30 am.
Updated: 2:13 pm.
| Location Tags: