Taliban propaganda video captures helicopter landing in an Afghan clearing and American prisoner being handed over by armed guards holding white flags.
A video released through the Taliban's media arm appears to show the moment Bowe Bergdahl, the US soldier who spent five years in captivity, is released.
Sgt Bergdahl, 28, looking relaxed with a blanket draped over his shoulders, is filmed in the back of a vehicle waiting for the handover. He is then brought out as a Black Hawk helicopter lands in a clearing.
Special forces soldiers stay at the aircraft as three men, not wearing uniforms, come forward to receive the prisoner, hugging Sgt Bergdahl. As he boards the aircraft one of the men can be seen frisking Sgt Bergdahl.
The operation is all over in 10 carefully choreographed seconds and is carried out under the watch of militants, armed with rocket propelled grenades.
Get the latest headlines http://www.telegraph.co.uk/
Subscribe to The Telegraph http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=telegraphtv
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/telegraph.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/telegraph
Follow us on Google+ https://plus.google.com/102891355072777008500/
Telegraph.co.uk and YouTube.com/TelegraphTV are websites of The Daily Telegraph, the UK's best-selling quality daily newspaper providing news and analysis on UK and world events, business, sport, lifestyle and culture.
As featured on
- Fort Hood soldier charged with sex crime
- Civilian contractor layoffs in September for Fort Hood
- After years of talk, grass is the main thing growing for La Cascata
- Police: Pursuit reaches 115 miles per hour
- Killeen police: 2 arrested after setting up victim on internet dating site
- Red Lion Hotel coming to Killeen
- Lampasas actor recalls 40 years in showbiz
- Man charged with domestic violence after fourth incident at home
- Killeen man charged with robbing two local 7-Eleven stores
- 135 Applebee’s and 25 IHOP locations to close, but no closings set for Killeen area
The Central Texas College Department of Nursing and Allied Health recently announced it will host a site review for continuing accreditation of its Associate Degree in Nursing Program by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
W.S. Young Drive, from U.S. Highway 190/Interstate 14 to Bacon Ranch Road, and Lowes Boulevard at W.S. Young Drive, are experiencing intermittent lane closures for paving and pavement marking activities, according to a Killeen news release.