Taliban propaganda video captures helicopter landing in an Afghan clearing and American prisoner being handed over by armed guards holding white flags.
A video released through the Taliban's media arm appears to show the moment Bowe Bergdahl, the US soldier who spent five years in captivity, is released.
Sgt Bergdahl, 28, looking relaxed with a blanket draped over his shoulders, is filmed in the back of a vehicle waiting for the handover. He is then brought out as a Black Hawk helicopter lands in a clearing.
Special forces soldiers stay at the aircraft as three men, not wearing uniforms, come forward to receive the prisoner, hugging Sgt Bergdahl. As he boards the aircraft one of the men can be seen frisking Sgt Bergdahl.
The operation is all over in 10 carefully choreographed seconds and is carried out under the watch of militants, armed with rocket propelled grenades.
Get the latest headlines http://www.telegraph.co.uk/
Subscribe to The Telegraph http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=telegraphtv
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/telegraph.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/telegraph
Follow us on Google+ https://plus.google.com/102891355072777008500/
Telegraph.co.uk and YouTube.com/TelegraphTV are websites of The Daily Telegraph, the UK's best-selling quality daily newspaper providing news and analysis on UK and world events, business, sport, lifestyle and culture.
As featured on
- Retired Gen. Robert Shoemaker dies at 93
- Killeen man gets life sentence
- Killeen man arrested after boating incident kills girl, maims father
- Bell County justice of the peace arraigns own son
- Woman airlifted after shooting to hospital with life-threatening injuries, police say
- Woman indicted in hit-and-run
- County appraisers cut sky-high property value increases in surprise move
- Police report shots fired near Maxdale Elementary School
- 2017 Independence Day celebrations around the Killeen-Fort Hood area
- Boat driver allegedly admits he couldn’t see behind the boat
The Central Texas-Fort Hood Chapter of the Association of the U.S. Army will host a general membership meeting at 6 p.m. July 12 at Big Hoss BBQ, 9502 E. Trimmier Road.
Central Texas College will host a tailfin tailgate called Friday Night Flights on Friday at its aviation science hangar at Skylark Field in Killeen.