Since 2004, Killeen area gardeners searching for native landscaping plants and related organic products have returned to a nursery on the southwest side of town. Oma's Garten Pflanzen takes a somewhat different approach to horticulture in the Lone Star state. "We work with, instead of against the Central Texas environment," said Irmy Mace, who's worked at the garden center since 2006.
Video by Herald correspondent Steve Pettit
As featured on
- Retired Gen. Robert Shoemaker dies at 93
- Bell County justice of the peace arraigns own son
- Woman airlifted after shooting to hospital with life-threatening injuries, police say
- Killeen man arrested after boating incident kills girl, maims father
- Woman indicted in hit-and-run
- Police report shots fired near Maxdale Elementary School
- 2017 Independence Day celebrations around the Killeen-Fort Hood area
- Over half of 2016 Bell County new foreclosures tied to VA loans
- Suspect not indicted in former Shoemaker football player’s death
- Series filmed at Fort Hood to air in September
Central Texas College will host a tailfin tailgate called Friday Night Flights on Friday at its aviation science hangar at Skylark Field in Killeen.
The Texas Department of Public Safety is backtracking on a plan to cut open hours at 11 of the state’s most popular driver’s license offices.