The city of Harker Heights held a blood drive Oct. 18 to ensure when blood is needed, blood is available. Peggy Sofge, phlebotomy team leader for Scott & White Blood Center, said the trauma center needs 70 pints of a blood a day to keep up with demand from daily surgeries, cancer patients who need transfusions and accident victims.
As featured on
- Retired Gen. Robert Shoemaker dies at 93
- Killeen man gets life sentence
- Killeen man arrested after boating incident kills girl, maims father
- Bell County justice of the peace arraigns own son
- Woman indicted in hit-and-run
- County appraisers cut sky-high property value increases in surprise move
- Boat driver allegedly admits he couldn’t see behind the boat
- 2017 Independence Day celebrations around the Killeen-Fort Hood area
- Woman airlifted after shooting to hospital with life-threatening injuries, police say
- Residents: Gen. Shoemaker’s death leaves void
The Central Texas-Fort Hood Chapter of the Association of the U.S. Army will host a general membership meeting at 6 p.m. July 12 at Big Hoss BBQ, 9502 E. Trimmier Road.
Central Texas College will host a tailfin tailgate called Friday Night Flights on Friday at its aviation science hangar at Skylark Field in Killeen.