"Butter — that explains it," Ralph Spriggs said when asked why his pastries at Heidi's German Bakery in Copperas Cove taste better. "And absolutely no preservatives," he adds, pointing out that many of the shop's customers are sophisticated bakers themselves. "They know the work that goes into (baking) the bread." Video by Herald correspondent Steve Pettit.
As featured on
- Individual in Sunday shooting related to KPD employee
- Two Killeen officers face brutality suit over ‘body slam’ of KISD student
- Police arrest 2 Mississippi murder suspects in downtown Killeen
- 4 arrested in connection with robbery in Killeen
- Sister of man in fatal wreck: ‘This is not what he ever wanted to do’
- Alcohol 'possible contributor' to fatal crash Sunday
- 27-year-old man killed after argument on Cedar Drive
- 12-year-old, man shot during custody dispute
- Police: Shooting victim not cooperating
- Ghost decals: 8 KPD vehicles feature special lettering
The Killeen Seventh-day Adventist Church, at 4700 E. Rancier Ave., invites all area residents to its International Thanksgiving Family Reunion, beginning at 11 a.m. Saturday.
Items are needed for the annual Community-Wide Thanksgiving Basket Benefit in Copperas Cove. The event is from 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday at the Copperas Cove Civic Center, 1206 W. Avenue B.