A Killeen police officer was shot and killed early Sunday after a shootout with a man armed with an assault rifle at the Grandon Manor Apartments in Killeen. Two officers were shot in the incident. One of them was pronounced dead at 1:27 a.m. Sunday, the other is listed in stable condition. The man with the AK47 was shot and killed by police during the shootout. His identity was withheld by police pending notification of next of kin.
As featured on
- Retired Gen. Robert Shoemaker dies at 93
- Bell County justice of the peace arraigns own son
- Killeen man arrested after boating incident kills girl, maims father
- Woman airlifted after shooting to hospital with life-threatening injuries, police say
- Woman indicted in hit-and-run
- Police report shots fired near Maxdale Elementary School
- 2017 Independence Day celebrations around the Killeen-Fort Hood area
- Over half of 2016 Bell County new foreclosures tied to VA loans
- Suspect not indicted in former Shoemaker football player’s death
- Series filmed at Fort Hood to air in September
Central Texas College will host a tailfin tailgate called Friday Night Flights on Friday at its aviation science hangar at Skylark Field in Killeen.
The Texas Department of Public Safety is backtracking on a plan to cut open hours at 11 of the state’s most popular driver’s license offices.