A Killeen police officer was shot and killed early Sunday after a shootout with a man armed with an assault rifle at the Grandon Manor Apartments in Killeen. Two officers were shot in the incident. One of them was pronounced dead at 1:27 a.m. Sunday, the other is listed in stable condition. The man with the AK47 was shot and killed by police during the shootout. His identity was withheld by police pending notification of next of kin.
As featured on
- Killeen police investigate homicide on Bacon Ranch
- New Indoor Gun Range coming to Killeen
- Killeen police identify victim in Saturday shooting
- Cause, blame of fatal Fort Hood accident redacted in Army report
- Central Texas readies for Aug. 21 solar eclipse
- New Killeen nursing facility to open in October
- Local rapper arrested in rape case involving Mystikal
- Red Lion Hotel coming to Killeen
- 135 Applebee’s and 25 IHOP locations to close, but no closings set for Killeen area
- 17-year-old charged in home burglary
The Central Texas College Department of Nursing and Allied Health recently announced it will host a site review for continuing accreditation of its Associate Degree in Nursing Program by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
W.S. Young Drive, from U.S. Highway 190/Interstate 14 to Bacon Ranch Road, and Lowes Boulevard at W.S. Young Drive, are experiencing intermittent lane closures for paving and pavement marking activities, according to a Killeen news release.