The 4th Battalion, 227th Aviation Regiment, 1st Air Cavalry Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division, cased its colors August 1, 2013, at Cooper Field, symbolizing their departure to Kuwait.
More than 300 soldiers will leave for a nine-month deployment this weekend to the Central Command's theater of operations.
As featured on
FORT HOOD — More than 300 soldiers in an attack reconnaissance battalion will deploy to Kuwa…
- Fort Hood truck crash that killed 9 blamed on staff sergeant
- Former student gets 8 years in fatal Killeen racing deaths
- Teen in 2015 racing deaths enters sentencing phase
- Widow of soldier blamed for Fort Hood accident disputes findings
- State road work begins on Stan Schlueter, and with it, frustration
- Heights man again in jail on assault charge
- Horror stories: Heights landowners protest property tax bumps
- Residents report loud booms in Killeen-Temple area
- Police: Man fired toward people, houses
- Killeen city manager's tenure a far cry from predecessors
LAMPASAS — The Lampasas Economic Development Corporation has hit maximum capacity on the number of businesses attending its Summer Job Fair on Thursday. Read more