The 4th Battalion, 227th Aviation Regiment, 1st Air Cavalry Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division, cased its colors August 1, 2013, at Cooper Field, symbolizing their departure to Kuwait.
More than 300 soldiers will leave for a nine-month deployment this weekend to the Central Command's theater of operations.
As featured on
FORT HOOD — More than 300 soldiers in an attack reconnaissance battalion will deploy to Kuwa…
- Driver zips through Fort Hood gate while being chased by police
- Man who shot intruder faced four potential burglars
- New DMV building opening March 27 in Killeen
- Armed robbers hit Killeen Subway
- Man hit by vehicle on Stan Schlueter airlifted to local hospital
- Woman charged in Harker Heights stabbing case
- Man found dead in Morgan's Point Resort
- Pedestrian struck by multiple vehicles in Killeen was a fugitive on the run
- Can food trucks, local vendors help solve KISD lunch issues?
- Marvin Guy case gets national attention
An accident that occurred just before midnight Saturday in the westbound lane of U.S. Highway 190 left an unidentified man in critical condition after he was hit by numerous vehicles, according to a news release from the Killeen Police Department. Read more
The Sunday Fun Day and Pop-Up Market will be at the Killeen Farmer’s Market this weekend, with vendor and food trucks available for visitors to browse and shop. Read more
Metroplex Hospital in Killeen will host the 31st annual Silver Classic 5K Run and 3K Walk on Sunday at the hospital building as part of the Cen-Tex Race Series. Read more