The 4th Battalion, 227th Aviation Regiment, 1st Air Cavalry Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division, cased its colors August 1, 2013, at Cooper Field, symbolizing their departure to Kuwait.
More than 300 soldiers will leave for a nine-month deployment this weekend to the Central Command's theater of operations.
As featured on
FORT HOOD — More than 300 soldiers in an attack reconnaissance battalion will deploy to Kuwa…
- Killeen police investigate homicide on Bacon Ranch
- Civilian contractor layoffs in September for Fort Hood
- New Indoor Gun Range coming to Killeen
- Cause, blame of fatal Fort Hood accident redacted in Army report
- Police: Pursuit reaches 115 miles per hour
- Red Lion Hotel coming to Killeen
- New Killeen nursing facility to open in October
- 135 Applebee’s and 25 IHOP locations to close, but no closings set for Killeen area
- 17-year-old charged in home burglary
- Cove man snoozing in car on highway had meth, police say
The Central Texas College Department of Nursing and Allied Health recently announced it will host a site review for continuing accreditation of its Associate Degree in Nursing Program by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
W.S. Young Drive, from U.S. Highway 190/Interstate 14 to Bacon Ranch Road, and Lowes Boulevard at W.S. Young Drive, are experiencing intermittent lane closures for paving and pavement marking activities, according to a Killeen news release.