The 4th Battalion, 227th Aviation Regiment, 1st Air Cavalry Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division, cased its colors August 1, 2013, at Cooper Field, symbolizing their departure to Kuwait.
More than 300 soldiers will leave for a nine-month deployment this weekend to the Central Command's theater of operations.
As featured on
FORT HOOD — More than 300 soldiers in an attack reconnaissance battalion will deploy to Kuwa…
- Former student gets 8 years in fatal Killeen racing deaths
- Lampasas deputy on leave after use of force
- Fort Hood widow observes two Memorial Days this year
- The Last Roundup: Skyrocketing property appraisals threaten dissolvency for local landowners
- Residents report loud booms in Killeen-Temple area
- Horror stories: Heights landowners protest property tax bumps
- Stan Schlueter resurfacing company defends work
- Killeen council renews youth curfew in 6-1 vote
- Deputy admits striking driver, but only after being struck first, affidavit says
- Killeen man forged government ID card, police say
Central Texas College and the Mayborn Science Theater will host a free sneak preview of GeekFest 2017 on June 3. Fans of the popular event, which celebrates all things gaming, anime, science fiction, can get a taste of what’s to come during GeekFest, scheduled for Aug. 11-13. Read more
LAMPASAS — The Lampasas Economic Development Corporation has hit maximum capacity on the number of businesses attending its Summer Job Fair on Thursday. Read more