The 4th Battalion, 227th Aviation Regiment, 1st Air Cavalry Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division, cased its colors August 1, 2013, at Cooper Field, symbolizing their departure to Kuwait.
More than 300 soldiers will leave for a nine-month deployment this weekend to the Central Command's theater of operations.
As featured on
FORT HOOD — More than 300 soldiers in an attack reconnaissance battalion will deploy to Kuwa…
- Retired Gen. Robert Shoemaker dies at 93
- Bell County justice of the peace arraigns own son
- Killeen man arrested after boating incident kills girl, maims father
- Woman airlifted after shooting to hospital with life-threatening injuries, police say
- Woman indicted in hit-and-run
- Police report shots fired near Maxdale Elementary School
- 2017 Independence Day celebrations around the Killeen-Fort Hood area
- County appraisers cut sky-high property value increases in surprise move
- Suspect not indicted in former Shoemaker football player’s death
- Series filmed at Fort Hood to air in September
Central Texas College will host a tailfin tailgate called Friday Night Flights on Friday at its aviation science hangar at Skylark Field in Killeen.
The Texas Department of Public Safety is backtracking on a plan to cut open hours at 11 of the state’s most popular driver’s license offices.