Retired Air Force Capt. Arnold Cook's eyes were glued to an aircraft used during World War II as crews checked the engine for takeoff. Standing in the open airfield Saturday in Burnet, Cook, 91, listened to the buzzing of the propellers, waiting for the moment when he would feel at home again inside the C-47 Skytrain.
Video courtesy of Cook's family.
As featured on
- Fort Hood truck crash that killed 9 blamed on staff sergeant
- Former student gets 8 years in fatal Killeen racing deaths
- Teen in 2015 racing deaths enters sentencing phase
- Widow of soldier blamed for Fort Hood accident disputes findings
- Three indicted on first-degree murder charges
- Two men rob Heights convenience store at gunpoint
- Heights man again in jail on assault charge
- KISD teacher held on half-million dollar bond
- State road work begins on Stan Schlueter, and with it, frustration
- Police: Man fired toward people, houses
The Lions Club Park Senior Center, 1700 E. Stan Schlueter Loop in Killeen, is hosting its bi-annual Senior Health Fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday. Vendors will be there to inform seniors about various issues affecting senior daily life. There will be exercise demonstrations, blood pressur… Read more
Peloton Ridge Country Club in Harker Heights is under new management and is inviting the public to view the facility at a grand opening event from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. today. Read more