Fans flock to football games in hopes of seeing their favorite running back bust through the hole for a big gain or their team's quarterback hit a receiver in stride for a big completion. But few pay money to watch the big guys on the offensive line who take a pounding, get little glory and avoid the one mistake that could lead to an injury. And the "Big Uglies" wouldn't have it any other way.
Killleen Daily Herald video by Jaime Villanueva
As featured on
- Individual in Sunday shooting related to KPD employee
- Two Killeen officers face brutality suit over ‘body slam’ of KISD student
- Police arrest 2 Mississippi murder suspects in downtown Killeen
- 4 arrested in connection with robbery in Killeen
- 27-year-old man killed after argument on Cedar Drive
- Sister of man in fatal wreck: ‘This is not what he ever wanted to do’
- Alcohol 'possible contributor' to fatal crash Sunday
- Ex-wife suspected in former KISD teacher’s slaying
- 12-year-old, man shot during custody dispute
- Ghost decals: 8 KPD vehicles feature special lettering
The Killeen Seventh-day Adventist Church, at 4700 E. Rancier Ave., invites all area residents to its International Thanksgiving Family Reunion, beginning at 11 a.m. Saturday.
Items are needed for the annual Community-Wide Thanksgiving Basket Benefit in Copperas Cove. The event is from 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday at the Copperas Cove Civic Center, 1206 W. Avenue B.