• December 17, 2014

Belton fire displaces elderly woman

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:14 pm

A woman and her pet dog were displaced after their Belton home was consumed by fire this morning.

The home, on the 400 block of S. East St., was heavily damaged, according to the Belton Fire Department

Firefighters received the call at about 8:29 a.m. The first unit on the scene reported flames and smoke coming from the home. It took firefighters about 25 minutes to get the fire under control.

The fire is still being investigated but is believed to have started in the living room of the house.

The woman and her dog were able to get out of the house safely, but Belton Fire Chief Francisco Corona said the home is no longer usable. In the immediate future, she is expected to stay with family members.

More about

More about

More about

Rules of Conduct

  • 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Welcome to the discussion.