- The New Beginning club will have its monthly meeting from 1 to 3 p.m. today at the Belton Senior Activity Center. This is an opportunity for social interaction and fellowship with others who have experienced the loss of a loved one. Refreshments will be served. For more information, call Rosa Hernandez at (254) 624-5050.
- The AARP Driver Safety Program is from noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday. The class is $12 for AARP members and $14 for nonmembers. Attendees must bring their AARP membership card and driver’s license when they report at 11:30 a.m. to complete paperwork. The activity center is at 842 S. Mitchell St., Belton. To sign up for the class, or to make lunch reservations, call (254) 939-1170 or (254) 718-1859.
- A country and western dance with the “Old Friends” Band is from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday. The dance is open to all area seniors. Requested donation is $4 per person. Guests are asked to bring a finger food or snack to share during intermission.
Contact Teresa Tankersley at email@example.com or (254)501-7542
- Killeen family reports daughter missing
- Man found dead in Killeen identified by police
- 1 suspect dead after robbery attempt in Killeen Market
- Report: Conflicting testimony muddles fatal shooting of Navy vet
- New H-E-B opens Friday in Killeen
- Fort Hood soldier found dead identified
- Trump's tax plan could face a budget deficit challenge
- Killeen couple welcomes 18th child
- Interstate through Killeen: Officials celebrate the new I-14
- Texas Rangers investigating shooting at Killeen store
TEMPLE — Retired Maj. Gen. Ken Cox will be the keynote speaker today at a luncheon hosted by the Central Texas-Fort Hood Chapter of the Association of the U.S. Army. The event is at 11:30 a.m. at Clem Mikeska’s Bar-B-Q, 1217 S. 57th St. in Temple. Read more
The search continues for the driver of a vehicle that was swept into Clear Creek on April 11 during heavy rainstorms. Fort Hood officials will continue their search until the person is found or it is determined otherwise by the experts involved in the search, said Chris Haug, Fort Hood publi… Read more
The Killeen-Fort Hood League of United Latin American Citizens Council 4535 and the Killeen Lulac Council 4535 Foundation will award scholarships to 20 Central Texas students Saturday during a banquet at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel. Read more
Family Fitness and Wellness Fair is hosting a blood drive from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 29 at the Killeen Convention and Conference Center, 3601 S. W.S. Young Drive, on the Carter BloodCare bus parked at the center. For more information or to schedule an appointment time, call Vhonda Gilmore a… Read more