- The New Beginning club will have its monthly meeting from 1 to 3 p.m. today at the Belton Senior Activity Center. This is an opportunity for social interaction and fellowship with others who have experienced the loss of a loved one. Refreshments will be served. For more information, call Rosa Hernandez at (254) 624-5050.
- The AARP Driver Safety Program is from noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday. The class is $12 for AARP members and $14 for nonmembers. Attendees must bring their AARP membership card and driver’s license when they report at 11:30 a.m. to complete paperwork. The activity center is at 842 S. Mitchell St., Belton. To sign up for the class, or to make lunch reservations, call (254) 939-1170 or (254) 718-1859.
- A country and western dance with the “Old Friends” Band is from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday. The dance is open to all area seniors. Requested donation is $4 per person. Guests are asked to bring a finger food or snack to share during intermission.
Contact Teresa Tankersley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (254)501-7542
- 'Please remove this décor' post on Hobby Lobby’s Facebook page is getting a lot of attention
- Killeen woman who posted about Hobby Lobby cotton speaks out
- KKK fliers circulated through Killeen neighborhoods
- 1 dead after Killeen shooting
- KISD teacher charged with solicitation of a minor
- KPD identifies homicide victim in Tuesday shooting
- Auto-pedestrian accident in Killeen leaves 1 injured, causes delays
- Killeen police identify pedestrian struck and killed by car
- Killeen man arrested on assault charges
- Fathom president: 'We dropped the ball'
Middle school and high school students and parents are invited to the Killeen Independent School District’s first college and career night from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Killeen Civic and Conference Center.
The Celebrate Killeen Committee is hosting Holiday Under the Stars Dec. 1 and 2 and the 55th annual Christmas Parade Dec. 9. Applications are now open for participants in both events.
Killeen’s Youth Advisory Commission will host the 21st annual Youth Conference from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 30 at Killeen Community Center, 2201 E. Veterans Memorial Blvd. This marks the first year the event is open to the public. There is no fee to attend.
Veterans of Foreign Wars District 14 commander Lora Land, Post 9191, and VFW Auxiliary president JoJo Kilgore, Post 4008, will host a district meeting Saturday at VFW Post 3892 in Harker Heights.