- The New Beginning club will have its monthly meeting from 1 to 3 p.m. today at the Belton Senior Activity Center. This is an opportunity for social interaction and fellowship with others who have experienced the loss of a loved one. Refreshments will be served. For more information, call Rosa Hernandez at (254) 624-5050.
- The AARP Driver Safety Program is from noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday. The class is $12 for AARP members and $14 for nonmembers. Attendees must bring their AARP membership card and driver’s license when they report at 11:30 a.m. to complete paperwork. The activity center is at 842 S. Mitchell St., Belton. To sign up for the class, or to make lunch reservations, call (254) 939-1170 or (254) 718-1859.
- A country and western dance with the “Old Friends” Band is from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday. The dance is open to all area seniors. Requested donation is $4 per person. Guests are asked to bring a finger food or snack to share during intermission.
Contact Teresa Tankersley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (254)501-7542
- Large fight breaks out at Killeen Mall
- 23-year-old woman shot and killed near Willow Springs Road
- Details released in fatal June collision that killed 23-year-old
- Killeen police identify Sunday homicide victim
- Teen involved in 2015 Trimmier racing incident gets 8 years probation
- Mother worried about lack of progress investigating son's death
- Person dies following shooting in Killeen
- Online dating meet up-turned-shooting sends one to hospital
- Killeen man killed Sunday remembered by cousin
- Shoemaker's Prichett resigns to take job at Summit
The Greater Killeen Free Clinic and its community partners will host “Day of Smiles,” a communitywide dental day, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. today for those 18 and older who do not have dental insurance.
Registration for fall 2017 semester classes at Central Texas College is now open. Returning students and new students who have completed the admissions and advising process and have a degree plan on file, may then register using the CTC WebAdvisor system on the school’s website. Registration…
The Killeen Police Department Animal Services Unit’s computer network will be down from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday for necessary repairs and upgrades.