- The New Beginning club will have its monthly meeting from 1 to 3 p.m. today at the Belton Senior Activity Center. This is an opportunity for social interaction and fellowship with others who have experienced the loss of a loved one. Refreshments will be served. For more information, call Rosa Hernandez at (254) 624-5050.
- The AARP Driver Safety Program is from noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday. The class is $12 for AARP members and $14 for nonmembers. Attendees must bring their AARP membership card and driver’s license when they report at 11:30 a.m. to complete paperwork. The activity center is at 842 S. Mitchell St., Belton. To sign up for the class, or to make lunch reservations, call (254) 939-1170 or (254) 718-1859.
- A country and western dance with the “Old Friends” Band is from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday. The dance is open to all area seniors. Requested donation is $4 per person. Guests are asked to bring a finger food or snack to share during intermission.
Contact Teresa Tankersley at email@example.com or (254)501-7542
- Man arrested in infant's death a Fort Hood soldier
- Bound by blood: With Killeen development, it's all in the family
- KISD lunch policy likely to change in 2017-18
- KPD arrests Killeen man in infant death case
- Federal lawsuit filed against city of Killeen
- KPD conducts death investigation on Green Avenue
- Teen killed in Cove was first county train death in 5 years, data show
- KISD sinks closer to federal aid threshold
- Armed robbers hit Killeen Subway
- Police: Man who raped bartender also robbed register at gunpoint
Killeen Animal Services announced that it was awarded a $45,000 grant from the Petco Foundation to support funding that will help the shelter’s spay and neuter program. Read more