- The New Beginning club will have its monthly meeting from 1 to 3 p.m. today at the Belton Senior Activity Center. This is an opportunity for social interaction and fellowship with others who have experienced the loss of a loved one. Refreshments will be served. For more information, call Rosa Hernandez at (254) 624-5050.
- The AARP Driver Safety Program is from noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday. The class is $12 for AARP members and $14 for nonmembers. Attendees must bring their AARP membership card and driver’s license when they report at 11:30 a.m. to complete paperwork. The activity center is at 842 S. Mitchell St., Belton. To sign up for the class, or to make lunch reservations, call (254) 939-1170 or (254) 718-1859.
- A country and western dance with the “Old Friends” Band is from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday. The dance is open to all area seniors. Requested donation is $4 per person. Guests are asked to bring a finger food or snack to share during intermission.
Contact Teresa Tankersley at email@example.com or (254)501-7542
- Fort Hood truck crash that killed 9 blamed on staff sergeant
- KISD teacher held on half-million dollar bond
- Teen in 2015 racing deaths enters sentencing phase
- Three indicted on first-degree murder charges
- Widow of soldier blamed for Fort Hood accident disputes findings
- Scott Bowles
- Two men rob Heights convenience store at gunpoint
- Heights man again in jail on assault charge
- State road work begins on Stan Schlueter, and with it, frustration
- Fort Hood IDs soldier found dead at Belton residence
The Lions Club Park Senior Center, 1700 E. Stan Schlueter Loop in Killeen, is hosting its bi-annual Senior Health Fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday. Vendors will be there to inform seniors about various issues affecting senior daily life. There will be exercise demonstrations, blood pressur… Read more
Peloton Ridge Country Club in Harker Heights is under new management and is inviting the public to view the facility at a grand opening event from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. today. Read more