Col. Scott A. Spellmon, commander of the Fort Hood-based U.S. Army Operational Test Command, was nominated by the president for appointment to the rank of brigadier general, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel announced Tuesday. The promotion must be confirmed by Congress.
Contact Rose L. Thayer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (254) 501-7463. Follow her on Twitter at KDHmilitary.
- Former student gets 8 years in fatal Killeen racing deaths
- Fort Hood truck crash that killed 9 blamed on staff sergeant
- Widow of soldier blamed for Fort Hood accident disputes findings
- Lampasas deputy on leave after use of force
- Residents report loud booms in Killeen-Temple area
- State road work begins on Stan Schlueter, and with it, frustration
- Teen in 2015 racing deaths enters sentencing phase
- Horror stories: Heights landowners protest property tax bumps
- Killeen police arrest 10 during online prostitution sting
- Killeen city manager's tenure a far cry from predecessors
LAMPASAS — The Lampasas Economic Development Corporation has hit maximum capacity on the number of businesses attending its Summer Job Fair on Thursday. Read more