- H-E-B will be giving flu shots from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Bob Gilmore Senior Center.
- The shots will be free to those with Medicare Part B card. Others will have to pay $27 per shot. Call or stop by the center to sign up in advance.
- Updates for Medicare and Senior Care presented Tuesday by Sabina Austin with Scott & White Hospital.
- An AARP Drivers Safety Course by Marge Brune is from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday. This course does not dismiss tickets but has other benefits. Contact the center to preregister.
- Cookie cook-off starts at 11 a.m. Thursday. Make your favorite cookies and bring them to be judged. Prizes awarded for first, second, and third place.
- Monthly Butterbean Auction starts at 9:15 a.m. Friday. Forty beans for each item you bring and then see what treasures you can win.
- A basic strip quilting class presented by Laura Winckel is from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Bring your sewing machine if you have one.
The center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 2205 E. Veterans Memorial Blvd. Membership is free for persons 55 years old and older but you do need to fill out forms.
For more information and other activities, call 254-699-1717.
Contact Teresa Tankersley at email@example.com or (254)501-7542