TEMPLE — A man who may be the infamous “Interstate 35 Bandit” was in custody Tuesday in the Williamson County Jail, charged with four counts of aggravated robbery of Schwertner State Bank on Oct. 21. Jesse Celedon Gamboa, 51, of Fort Worth, was arrested Feb. 4 in Fort Worth. His bonds total $1 million, but Gamboa is being held without bond on a state prison parole violation, jail records stated.
- Driver zips through Fort Hood gate while being chased by police
- Armed robbers hit Killeen Subway
- Man who shot intruder faced four potential burglars
- Teenager killed by train in Copperas Cove
- Pedestrian struck by multiple vehicles in Killeen was a fugitive on the run
- Man found dead in Morgan's Point Resort
- Can food trucks, local vendors help solve KISD lunch issues?
- Marvin Guy case gets national attention
- Network of influence: Does campaign funding benefit special interests?
- Woman assaulted early Tuesday morning on Stan Schlueter
An accident that occurred just before midnight Saturday in the westbound lane of U.S. Highway 190 left an unidentified man in critical condition after he was hit by numerous vehicles, according to a news release from the Killeen Police Department. Read more
The Sunday Fun Day and Pop-Up Market will be at the Killeen Farmer’s Market this weekend, with vendor and food trucks available for visitors to browse and shop. Read more
Metroplex Hospital in Killeen will host the 31st annual Silver Classic 5K Run and 3K Walk on Sunday at the hospital building as part of the Cen-Tex Race Series. Read more