Killeen fire officials responded to a kitchen fire at a home in the 3200 block of Edgewood Drive in Killeen at 4:38 a.m. Sunday.

Two adults and five children were affected by the fire, which was a result of a cooking accident, said Fire Chief J.D. Gardner.

Damage to the home was significant.

“It wasn’t a total loss, but there was damage to about 60 percent of the interior,” Gardner said.

Contact Sarah Rafique at srafique@kdhnews.com or (254) 501-7549. Follow her on Twitter at KDHreporter.

I'm the education reporter at the Killeen Daily Herald. Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/SarahRafique

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.