- If You Go
What: Copperas Cove Fall Cleanup
When: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. today
Where: Solid Waste Operational Center, 2605 S. Farm-to-Market 116
- Household trash
- Brush and yard waste (in craft bags, no plastic bags)
- Scrap metal
- Appliances (freezers, refrigerator, and air conditioners must have a certified letter of refrigerant removal)
- Recycling (cardboard to include cereal and soda boxes, aluminum cans, newspaper with the inserts, steel cans, and plastics 1 & 2 with lids removed and containers rinsed out). Magazines and telephone books also will be accepted.
- Tires: Up to eight tires free of charge. Tires must be off the rim.
- Used motor oil: Up to 5 gallons of waste oil will be accepted. Free used-oil containers will be available while supplies last. Contaminated oil will not be accepted.
- Antifreeze: Up to 5 gallons will be accepted.
- Items not accepted: construction debris and hazardous waste.
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 4:30 am
Updated: 4:26 pm, Thu Feb 6, 2014.
Posted on Nov 17, 2012
COPPERAS COVE — The city will open its transfer station for free residential and commercial trash drop-offs today with the help of Keep Copperas Cove Beautiful volunteers.
“It gives us the opportunity to partner with Solid Waste in giving back to the community,” said Silvia Rhoads, KCCB’s executive director and Copperas Cove’s recycling coordinator. “We feel it is important to give Copperas Cove residents the opportunity to clean up their property by getting rid of their junk, trash and brush at no charge.”
Or, use your
Contact Mason W. Canales at firstname.lastname@example.org or (254) 501-7474
Saturday, November 17, 2012 4:30 am.
Updated: 4:26 pm.