A Copperas Cove resident was arrested Wednesday on a domestic violence charge in connection with an assault on his wife.
According to a Copperas Cove police report, the victim said her husband, Setope Sapakuka Faalata, wasn’t in their residence, but she noticed him on Facebook and sent him a message.
Faalata returned to their home in the 200 block of Lincoln Avenue, and entered the bedroom, where he reportedly grabbed his wife by the neck, the report stated. Then, he began punching her in the face and stomach, pulling her hair and kicking her in the leg, the report said.
When officers arrived, Faalata was still at the residence and was charged with continuous violence against a family member.
In June, Faalata attacked his wife, striking her in the face, and was charged with assault with bodily injury. This was his second charge within a 12-month period.
Area police reports indicated the following:
- The unauthorized use of a vehicle was reported at 11:55 a.m. Wednesday in the 2700 block of Taft Street. The vehicle was a 1997 Chevy Silverado.
- A burglary of a vehicle was reported at 2:58 p.m. Wednesday in the 3200 block of Carpet Lane. The vehicle was a 2008 Dodge Caliber.
- A burglary of a habitation with forced entry was reported at 10:17 p.m. Wednesday in the block of 3500 Dorothy Lane. Two televisions, a .357 revolver, a laptop, shoes, video games, a digital camera and miscellaneous documents were stolen.
- Criminal mischief was reported at 3 a.m. Thursday in the 1100 block of Green Avenue. The caller told police that his girlfriend damaged his car. A rear window was damaged.
- Driving while intoxicated was reported at 1:43 a.m. Wednesday in the 1600 block of Illinois Avenue.
- Possession of drug paraphernalia was reported at 2:49 a.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of East Rancier Avenue.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 1400 block of Lowes Boulevard.
- Failure to comply with requirements upon striking unattended vehicle was reported at 10 a.m. Wednesday in the 2200 block of Clear Creek Road.
- Harassment by obscene communication was reported at 11:45 a.m. Wednesday in the 2200 block of Andover Drive.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 1300 block of Chips Drive.
- A theft, misdemeanor shoplifting, was reported at 1 p.m. Wednesday in the 1400 block of Lowes Boulevard.
- An assault by contact was reported at 3:36 p.m. Wednesday in the 2300 block of Botanical Drive.
- A theft, misdemeanor, was reported at 3:42 p.m. Wednesday in the 2100 block of South W.S. Young Drive.
- A theft under $50 was reported at 5:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 1400 block of Lowes Boulevard.
- An assault by contact was reported at 5:25 p.m. Wednesday in the 1100 block of Stewart Street.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 1500 block of Metropolitan Drive.
- Unlawful restraint was reported at 7:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 3600 block of Crescent Drive.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 8:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 4900 block of Lindsey Drive.
- A failure to comply with requirements on striking fixture was reported at 10:38 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Elms Road.
- Abandoning/endangering a child, criminal neglect, was reported at 9:33 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of Spur Drive.
- An aggravated assault with knife or cutting instrument was reported at 1:27 a.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of North Roy Reynolds Drive.
Corinne Lincoln-Pinheiro | Herald