BELTON — A Bell County grand jury indicted a 30-year-old man Wednesday in connection with a Killeen bank robbery.
Anthony Xavier Taylor was charged with aggravated robbery in a July 31 incident at Broadway National Bank at the intersection of Fort Hood Street and Central Texas Expressway.
According to an arrest affidavit, Taylor allegedly entered the bank armed with a handgun and wearing gloves, a mask and sunglasses. The suspect demanded money from three tellers. He told each teller to put cash into a backpack and left in a red Nissan pickup.
A tracking device activated shortly after the robbery led police to an unoccupied truck in the parking lot of
H-E-B on Trimmier Road, the affidavit stated. During a traffic stop, police found a blue glove matching surveillance footage of the suspect.
Officers recovered a $20 bill with a serial number matching the stolen money from Taylor at the time of his arrest, the affidavit stated.
Taylor is in Bell County Jail, with bond set at $100,000.
The grand jury also returned indictments against the following:
- Steven Wayne Stem, 40, of Lampasas, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
- Gini Lee Taylor, 25, of Harker Heights, on a charge of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon.
- Devin Dasean Simmons, 25, of Harker Heights, on a charge of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon, habitual offender.
- Sara Melissa Coufal, 29, of Fort Hood, on a charge of driving while intoxicated with a child passenger.
- Samantha Kathleen Pease, 21, of Copperas Cove, on a charge of theft over $1,500.
- Kyle Morgan Hallman, 32, of Gatesville, on a charge of forgery by passing.
- Juan Manuel Alacan, 33, of Killeen, on a charge of burglary of a habitation with commission of an assault.
- Ashley Chantel Clark, 23, of Killeen, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
- Jerry Wayne Horton Jr., 41, of Killeen, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.