Four men suspected of committing more than 10 armed robberies targeting pizza delivery drivers were indicted Wednesday on conspiracy charges.
A Bell County grand jury indicted Cordell Ra’Shawn Jones, 18, Roosevelt Jones IV, 17, Christopher Teon Fults, 20, and Kevonta Dewayne Reynolds, 17, on charges of conspiracy to commit aggravated robbery.
The four suspects were arrested in August after a string of robberies of pizza delivery drivers began more than six months ago. The robbers would order a pizza and then display either a handgun or pepper spray to the delivery drivers before robbing them, according to court documents. A number of pizza establishments began to keep track of telephone numbers used in cases where drivers were robbed.
On Aug. 14, an order was placed to Domino’s Pizza in the 5100 block of Veterans Memorial Boulevard in Killeen from a phone number previously used in an armed robbery. An employee took the order and called 911, alerting police to the possibility that suspects were setting up a robbery attempt in the 600 block of Bellaire Drive in Killeen.
Police went to the residence listed in the order and set up surveillance. Officers saw four men later identified as the suspects walking toward the home. The men spotted the officers and went toward a sports utility vehicle parked illegally on a nearby street. Police approached the vehicle and detained the men. Officers found a semi-automatic handgun and pepper spray in the car. Police also found a cellphone that matched the number used to place the order, court documents stated.
In a taped interview with police, Reynolds told police Fults placed the order to Domino’s. The four suspects then drove around for about 30 minutes and went to where the pizza was to be delivered.
Cordell Ra’Shawn Jones told police that when the four suspects got together and ordered a pizza, “nine times out of 10” they would rob the delivery driver. Jones also was indicted on a robbery charge in December from a separate incident.
The grand jury also returned indictments against the following Wednesday:
- Bryan Anthony Shinsky, 21, of Belton, on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
- Roderick Donnell Upshaw, 32, of Harker Heights, on a charge of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
- Brandon Allen Freeman, 26, of Fort Hood, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, 1 gram or more.
- Kenna Rose Leach, 28, of Copperas Cove, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, 4 grams or more.
- Stanley Robert Evans Jr., 33, of Copperas Cove, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, 4 grams or more.
- Cardale D. Brown, 20, of Temple, on a charge of possession of cocaine, less than 1 gram.
- Matthew Aaron Jester, 22, of Copper Canyon, on a charge of possession of diazepam (Valium), 28 grams or more.
- Tyrone Fowler, 35, of Temple, on a charge of possession of marijuana, more than 4 ounces.
- Alfonso Barrera Jimenez, 54, of Austin, on a charge of aggravated assault of a public servant.
- Tiffany Annette Roberts, 24, of Temple, on a charge of burglary of a habitation.
- Maharris Edward Donald, 49, of Killeen, on a charge of burglary of a habitation.
- Julius Wayne McGinnis, 24, of Killeen, on a charge of burglary of a building.
- Kaitlyn Jo Dean, 20, of Killeen, on a charge of burglary of a building.
- Kenneth Lamarr Allen III, 28, of Killeen, on a charge of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
- Glorimar Santiago, 41, of Killeen, on a charge of possession of cocaine, less than 1 gram.
Contact Philip Jankowski at email@example.com or (254) 501-7553. Follow him on Twitter at KDHcrime.