GATESVILLE — A Copperas Cove teen indicted on a murder charge earlier this week remained in the Coryell County Jail on Friday after the grand jury upheld the teen’s arraignment charge.
Cody Dion-Michael Parlato, 19, of Copperas Cove, is being held on a $1 million bond after being arrested on July 11. He is suspected of killing Darien P. Brodeaur, 42, of Copperas Cove. He was indicted Tuesday by a Coryell County grand jury.
Police responded to the 2000 block of East U.S. Highway 190 at 3:05 a.m. July 10 and found Brodeaur dead.
Once there, police looked into the window of Brodeaur’s apartment before entering, only to see him “laying lifeless” on the floor, according to the arrest complaint.
Several witnesses came forward and told police Parlato was allegedly bragging about cutting “the throat” of Brodeaur, according to the complaint. The two also were suspected of fighting the night before the incident took place.
Witnesses led police to a local park where Parlato supposedly attempted to bury the weapon used in the attack.
On the same day of the incident, Parlato arrived at the police department and officers arrested him in the parking lot.
The grand jury also indicted:
- J-Gaualdalupe Olalde-Mendoza, 24, of Killeen, on a charge of theft of a firearm.
- Robert Palacio, 25, of Copperas Cove, on a charge of assault by occlusion.
- Veronica Negale, 31, of Copperas Cove, on a charge of organized retail theft.
- Jenet Marie Osborne, 27, of Killeen, on a charge of possession of a controlled substance.
- Marianne Elizabeth Pannell, 27, of Gatesville, on a charge of prohibited substance in a correctional facility.
- Jeremy Allen Schmidtman, 17, of Copperas Cove, on a charge of burglary of a building.
- Cordarion Scott, 23, of Copperas Cove, on a charge of aggravated robbery.
- Willie Earl Walker, 54, of Gatesville, on a charge of driving while intoxicated, third or more offense.
- Dusty Alan Zacha, 30, of Gatesville, on a charge of injury to a child.
- Jacob Wade Anderson, 27, of Gatesville, on a charge of sexual assault.
- Steven Michael Aviles, 22, of Gatesville, on charges of possession with intent to deliver and possession of a controlled substance.
- Mark Andrew Barrow, 38, of Gatesville, on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
- Julia Coombes, 33, of Copperas Cove, on a charge of criminal mischief.
- Michael Paul Cote, 38, of Copperas Cove, on a charge of criminal mischief.
- Ronnie Dauzat, 37, of Gatesville, on charges of theft and forgery against an elderly person.
- Tameca Denise Davis, 40, of Copperas Cove, on a charge of theft under $1,500 with two previous convictions.
- Trevor Hoffman, 20, of Copperas Cove, on a charge of indecency with a child by exposure.
- Aaron Jermaine Johnson, 25, of Temple, on a charge of aggravated robbery.
- Brannon Cole Johnson, 22, of Fort Hood, on a charge of aggravated robbery.
- Timothy Daniel Johnson, 25, of Robinson, on a charge of possession of a control substance.
- Aldo Lira, 21, of Gatesville, on a charge of possession of a controlled substance.