Jury selection for the trial of the man who police said waited in line with the rest of the customers before robbing a Killeen bank will begin on March 19.

Marcus Delars Branson was arrested in connection to the robbery of First National Bank, 2201 Trimmier Road,  on Nov. 30. He was charged federally in U.S. District Court because, according to the affidavit for arrest, the $1,250 he stole were insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.

Around 9:15 a.m., man entered the First National Bank, waited in line and approached a teller station. There, he presented a note that read "stay calm and remain professional. I need all of the money in your drawer. Failure to give me all the money within 60 seconds will result in major repercussions. Give me my note back before getting the money."

Branson did not utter a word, wore all black clothing and used a black cloth to cover his face, according to the affidavit for arrest. He then ran away, but not before both witnesses and surveillance video got a glimpse of his appearance and a silver Pontiac he drove away in, according to the affidavit.

On Dec. 1, Killeen police received a phone call that a note similar to the one Branson allegedly gave to the teller had been found at a home on Fort Hood, according to the affidavit. Killeen police showed the note to the teller, who verified it 100 percent as the note handed to him in the robbery.

Police interviewed a resident of the home the note was found in, who told police that the silver Pontiac belonged to Branson, according to the affidavit. A warrant for his arrest was issued, and Branson was arrested on Dec. 11.

Branson appeared in court on Tuesday, where U.S. Magistrate Judge Jeffery C. Manske ordered Waco-based attorney Adam Hoffman to represent him in the case. 

254-501-7552 |

(2) comments


Ft. Hood CID was surveilling this critter. Because the CID was tacking care of business, protecting Fort Hood (along with MPs and DoD Police); KILLzone received immense help in solving the bank robbery in December. Without CID's help, another KILLzone thug would be on prowl, preying upon innocents.


By the way, this thug only walked away with a lousy $1,200 for which he'll probably get from 8 to 12 years in a federal prison, about a lousy $100 a year. The back story here is that two female soldiers were sheltering this critter on Fort Hood where he was suspected to have committed an earlier robbery. Unsure what happened to the two female soldiers, but their on posy housing was vacated in less that 3 or 4 days. Yeah, I know stuff, lots of stuff. People talk to me, and I see stuff.

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.