BELTON — A Bell County grand jury returned an indictment against a man accused of punching a Killeen City Jail guard in the face while incarcerated there in October.
The grand jury indicted Killeen resident Justin Patscheck Ellis, 23, on a charge of assault of a peace officer. The charge is one of many that resulted from his arrest Oct. 16.
Police originally arrested Ellis that day on suspicion that he may have been responsible for a burglary of a vehicle and evading arrest. While detained, police found numerous pieces of identification ranging from a fishing license to military IDs for two men, court documents state.
It led police to charge Ellis with fraudulent use or possession of identifying information. He was then taken to jail.
While incarcerated, Ellis began acting in a disruptive manner, an arrest affidavit states. Jail officers had to place him in a solitary-confinement cell.
Ellis then wrapped a shirt around his neck and appeared to intend to harm himself.
A guard entered the cell, and Ellis began throwing punches at him. One punch struck the officer in the face, the affidavit states.
Investigators observed swelling to the guard’s face and obtained surveillance footage depicting Ellis hitting the guard.
Ellis was previously convicted of theft of property. $1,500 to $20,000. in 2006. He has prior convictions of possession of marijuana, under 2 ounces. and possession of a controlled substance, less than 28 grams.
Ellis remains in Bell County Jail.
The grand jury also returned indictments against the following:
- Trenton Cordaryl Wallace, 25, of Fort Hood, on a charge of possession of cocaine, less than 1 gram.
- Ricardo Campos-Martinez, 18, of Rogers, on a charge of sexual assault.
- Christopher Hardin, 51, of Waco, on a charge of possession of cocaine, 4 grams or more.
- Chasity Renee Flores, 36, of Temple, on a charge of possession of marijuana, 5 pounds or less.
- Xavier James Delacruz, 21, of Temple, on a charge of evading arrest with a motor vehicle.
- John Kendrick, 24, of Temple, on a charge of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon.
- Amea Marie Carter, 31, of Killeen, on a charge of driving while intoxicated with a child passenger.
- Kiara Kadijah Deshonta Smith, 19, of Killeen, on a charge of abandonment of a child.
- Christopher Rian Culp, 33, of Killeen, on a charge of debit card abuse.
- Cindy April Evans, 35, of Fort Worth, on a charge of theft over $1,500.
- Darryl Khasahn Price, 18, of Killeen, on a charge of burglary of a habitation.
- Gabriela Cardona Nicolas, 22, of Killeen, on a charge of burglary of a building.
- Angel De Jesus Nicolas, 24, of Killeen, on a charge of burglary of a building.
- Javier Landin Jr., 26, of Killeen, on a charge of burglary of a building.
- Allen Christopher Ulrich, 21, of Killeen, on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
- Dametrius Tyrail Hobbs, 22, of Killeen, on a charge of possession of controlled substance, 28 grams or more.
- Kenneth Graylin Turner, 22, of Killeen, on a charge of possession with intent to deliver cocaine, 4 grams or more.
Contact Philip Jankowski at email@example.com or (254) 501-7553