Police said a man was arrested after he discharged a firearm in his backyard and hit a neighbor’s home.
Eddie Dean Shannon, 59, was arraigned Monday by Bell County Justice of the Peace Garland Potvin on a charge of deadly conduct. His bail was set at $20,000.
Shannon’s neighbors called police about 2:47 p.m. Saturday and reported hearing gunshots strike their home, located in the 2700 block of Boyd Avenue in Killeen, according to an arrest affidavit.
Police observed three holes on the outside of the home, the affidavit stated.
Officers spoke with Shannon at his home in the 2700 block of Terry Drive.
Police said Shannon admitted to shooting a .22-caliber rifle in his backyard. Police said the three holes in Shannon’s fence lined up with those in his neighbor’s residence.
Also arraigned were:
• Frank Derrell Keys, 24, on a charge of evading arrest or detention in a motor vehicle. His bail was set at $20,000.
• Dennis Rene Mclay, 56, on a charge of burglary of a building. His bail was set at $50,000.
• Ifrah Yusuf Awale, 35, on a charge of driving while intoxicated with a child passenger. Her bail was set at $20,000.
• Edith Ann Kelly, 58, on a charge of fraud. Her bail was set at $20,000.
• Jasmine Kaneesha Wesley, 23, on a charge of driving while intoxicated with a child passenger. Her bail was set at $20,000.
Contact Chris McGuinness at email@example.com or (254) 501-7568. Follow him on Twitter at ChrismKDH.