A Killeen man’s shower was disrupted Monday by two people who broke into his home.
According to an arrest affidavit, the man was taking a shower in his home in the 1400 block of Saddle Drive on Monday when he heard a loud noise. The man exited the shower and saw two people in his bedroom.
The two people ran out of the bedroom and into each other before exiting the house and fleeing in a white Nissan Altima, the affidavit stated.
A Killeen police officer responding to the call spotted two people fitting the description given by the victim near Cherry Road and Grey Fox Trail.
One of the men was identified as 19-year-old Jhaquille Aaron Ashby-Sherard.
The second was only identified in the affidavit as a female “juvenile.”
The juvenile told police she and
Ashby-Sherard entered the residence to “take anything of value.”
Ashby-Sherard was arraigned Wednesday by Justice of the Peace Garland Potvin on a charge of burglary of a habituation. His bail was set at $50,000.
Area police reports indicated:
- Criminal mischief was reported at 2:26 p.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of 14th Street. A window and a sliding glass door were damaged.
- A burglary of a building with forced entry was reported at 5:18 p.m. Tuesday in the 1800 block of Stan Schlueter Loop. An air conditioning unit, side-by-side refrigerator, gas wall heater, a stove and water heater were stolen.
- A burglary of a habitation was reported at 9:33 p.m. Tuesday in the 3500 block of John Haedge Drive. No arrest was made.
- Possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces was reported at 2:01 a.m. Tuesday at the intersection of North W.S. Young Drive and Westcliff Road.
- Harassment of a public servant was reported at 2:35 a.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of Root Avenue.
- A misdemeanor theft from a motor vehicle was reported at 7:27 a.m. Tuesday in the 5000 block of Shawn Drive.
- Driving while license suspended, revoked, canceled or denied was reported at 8:19 a.m. Tuesday in the 2600 block of Zephyr Road.
- A theft, misdemeanor, was reported at 8:55 a.m. Tuesday in the 4500 block of Kit Carson Trail.
- Unauthorized use of a vehicle was reported at 9:16 a.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of West Veterans Memorial Boulevard.
- A theft, misdemeanor shoplifting, was reported at noon Tuesday in the 3300 block of East Rancier Avenue.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 1:16 p.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of Crockett Drive.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 1700 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
- A theft, misdemeanor shoplifting, was reported at 4:41 p.m. Tuesday in the 1400 block of Lowes Boulevard.
- A theft, misdemeanor shoplifting, was reported at 5:21 p.m. Tuesday in the 2100 block of South W.S. Young Drive.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 7:20 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of Sandra Sue Drive.
- Failure to comply with requirements upon striking an attended vehicle was reported at 7:27 p.m. Tuesday in the 3300 block of Community Boulevard.
- Possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces was reported at 8:47 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of South Fort Hood Street and Kathey Drive.
- Displaying license plate assigned to another vehicle was reported at 11 p.m. Tuesday in the 4000 block of East Veterans Memorial Boulevard.
- A forgery was reported at 3:07 p.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of Indian Trail.