A 35-year-old Killeen man accused of sexually abusing two children was indicted Wednesday on multiple charges.
Harry William Parnell III is charged with aggravated sexual assault and indecency with a child by contact. He is accused of abusing two girls aged 12 and 14 in September.
Parnell has remained in Bell County Jail since he was arrested on Sept. 20. He is being held on $600,000 bail.
Police became aware of allegations after a 14-year-old girl told her mother Parnell molested her while she spent the night at his home in Killeen on Sept. 9, according to an arrest affidavit.
The girl said she was asleep when the alleged abuse began. She woke up and asked Parnell what he was doing. He told her to be quiet and left the room, the affidavit states.
While investigating that allegation, police learned that Parnell had repeatedly abused a 12-year-old girl over a course of years, First Assistant District Attorney Murff Bledsoe said.
Police only charged Parnell for an allegation of sexual abuse to the 12-year-old that occurred on Sept. 8, the affidavit states.
The alleged victim told investigators at the Children’s Advocacy Center of Central Texas that Parnell touched her genitals and raped her, the affidavit states.
Parnell is on probation for raping a woman in Harker Heights in 2009. Court records show Parnell spent 14 months in Bell County Jail before pleading guilty to a charge of sexual assault on May 27, 2010.
He was sentenced to 10 years deferred adjudication.
In that incident, Parnell raped a woman who was giving him a ride onto Fort Hood. The woman stopped at her Harker Heights home to get her military ID when Parnell forced her to have sexual intercourse.
During the incident, he punched the woman repeatedly and stole her car, according to an arrest affidavit.
At the time, Parnell claimed the intercourse was consensual, though medical personnel documented several injuries the victim sustained during the attack.
Court records show Parnell is originally from Sealy.
The grand jury also returned indictments against the following:
- Bryan Keith Kaatz, 31, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
- Kenneth Jeffrey Smith, 26, on a charge of burglary of a habitation.
- Steve Paul Ybarra, 51, on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
- Christina Bartolucci, 22, on a charge of possession of a controlled substance, 1 gram or more.
- Rajah Keith Davis, 38, on a charge of possession of marijuana, 5 pounds or less.
- Priscilla Johnson, 29, on a charge of possession of cocaine, 1 gram or more.
- Henry Bernard Strane, 49, on a charge of unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon.
- Billy Dee Stone, 32, on a charge of delivery of marijuana, less than 5 pounds, in a drug-free zone.
- Kenneth Dewayne Hamilton, 19, on a charge of burglary of a habitation.
- Carlos Demetrius Juzang, 30, on two charges of burglary of a building.
- Anthony Glen Powell Jr., 25, on a charge of forgery by passing.
- Timothy Colt Castleberry, 29, on a charge of aggravated sexual assault.
- Jose Francisco Rodriguez, 27, on a charge of aggravated sexual assault.
- Kenneth James Jones, 24, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
- Matthew John Dillard, 28, on a charge of unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon.
- Dimitri Delion Dears, 38, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
- Tiffany Pierce, 22, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
- Honey Marie Franz, 38, on a charge of possession of metamphetamine, 4 grams or more.
- Tye Rickey Fussell, 43, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
Contact Philip Jankowski at email@example.com or (254) 501-7553