A Killeen man is behind bars after police said he beat another man and threatened him with a knife.
Victor Jon Webster, 39, of Killeen, was arraigned on a second-degree felony charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon by Justice of the Peace Bill Cooke on Wednesday. Cooke set Webster’s bail at $100,000.
Webster was arrested Monday after Killeen police responded to a report of disturbance at a residence in the 5000 block of James Loop.
A man told police Webster struck him in the face, and accused him of damaging his property, according to an arrest affidavit.
The man also said Webster demanded the money from his wallet.
When the man threatened to call the police, he said Webster grabbed a knife and said he was going to kill him, the affidavit stated.
A witness told police that he saw Webster yelling and waving the knife in an “aggressive” manner.
Police also observed that the victim had redness and swelling on his eye, jaw and neck.
Webster is in custody in Bell County Jail.
In an unrelated case, Cooke also arraigned Kyron Jason Henry, 36, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine in an amount of more than 4 grams, but less than 200 grams.
Area police reports indicated:
- A burglary of a habitation with forced entry was reported at 5:35 p.m. Tuesday in the 7600 block of Clear Creek Road.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 3:43 a.m. Tuesday in the 4500 block of John David Drive.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 8:57 a.m. Tuesday in the 3300 block of East Rancier Avenue.
- A burglary of a vehicle was reported at 10 a.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of North Twin Creek Drive.
- A theft under $50 was reported at 12:17 p.m. Tuesday in the 1400 block of Lowes Boulevard.
- A theft, misdemeanor, was reported at 1:28 p.m. Tuesday in the 2500 block of South W.S. Young Drive.
- Read more crime reports at kdhnews.com/news/crime
- Fraud was reported at 2 p.m. Tuesday in the 1400 block of Rose Avenue.
- Possession of marijuana under 2 ounces was reported at 3:33 p.m. Tuesday in the 1600 block of East Rancier Avenue.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 3:50 p.m. Tuesday in the 1300 block of Zephyr Road.
- Possession of drug paraphernalia was reported at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of Wolf Street.
- A theft under $50 was reported at 4:20 p.m. Tuesday in the 1400 block of Lowes Boulevard in Killeen.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 4500 block of Alan Kent Drive.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 11:22 p.m. Tuesday in the 3700 block of Malibu Lane.
- A burglary of a residence, stolen debit cards and electronic tablet, was reported at 4:07 p.m. Tuesday in the 1200 block of South Farm-to-Market 116.
- A theft of cellular telephones was reported at 5:53 p.m. Tuesday in the 1500 block of East U.S. Highway 190.
- Forgery of a financial instrument and theft of currency was reported at 6:05 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of North Fourth Street.
- A theft of a cellular telephone and currency was reported at 8:53 p.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of South 25th Street.
- A theft of cellular telephones, iPod and currency was reported at 8:59 p.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of West U.S. Highway 190.
Contact Chris McGuinness at firstname.lastname@example.org or (254) 501-7568. Follow him on Twitter at ChrismKDH.