A Bell County grand jury indicted a 52-year-old man Wednesday who was allegedly found with a large quantity of suspected methamphetamine during a traffic stop in September.
Nasser Assed was indicted on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, more than 200 grams, a first-degree felony with a maximum sentence of life in prison.
Police found a little more than 200 grams of methamphetamine under the front seat of Assed’s car after he was pulled over in the area of Rancier Avenue and Twin Creek Drive in Killeen. Police stopped Assed on Sept. 27 after he made several turns without signalling, according to an arrest affidavit. After refusing a request to search his car, officers brought in a drug sniffing dog that alerted on the vehicle.
Assed has a 1984 conviction in Bell County for possession of marijuana, more than 4 ounces but less than 5 pounds. He pleaded guilty to the charge.
Assed was released from the county jail Oct. 3 after posting $100,000 bond.
The grand jury also returned indictments against the following Wednesday:
- Lorraine Lafay Solomon, 54, of Harker Heights, on a charge of evading arrest with a motor vehicle.
- Christopher Ryan Frazier, 33, of Temple, on a charge of credit card abuse.
- Juan Alberto Vasquez-Ortiz, 33, of Killeen, on a charge of burglary of a habitation.
- Michael Ace Pierce, 24, of Killeen, on a charge of unlawful possession of a firearm by felon.
- Brandon Michael Olivares, 22, of Killeen, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
- Jerrall Darnell Talley, 29, of Waco, on a charge of possession of heroin, 1 gram or more.
- Christopher Rian Culp, 34, of Killeen, on a charge of assault by strangulation.
- Dandre Morris, 25, of Killeen, on a charge of evading arrest with a motor vehicle.
- Michelle Provasek Crews, 51, of Temple, on two charges of driving while intoxicated, third or more offense.
- Derrick Leon Jackson, 43, of Killeen, on a charge of driving while intoxicated, third or more offense.
- Albert Leroy Slaughter, 56, of Temple, on a charge of driving while intoxicated, third or more offense.
Contact Philip Jankowski at email@example.com or (254) 501-7553. Follow him on Twitter at KDHcrime.