BELTON — A Georgetown man was indicted on a felony charge after police said he kidnapped and repeatedly assaulted his ex-wife.
Manuel Antonio Tobar, 33, was indicted by a Bell County grand jury Wednesday on one count of aggravated kidnapping.
According to an arrest affidavit, Tobar’s ex-wife was driving in the area of South Ann Boulevard and Bee Line Avenue in Harker Heights about 7:30 a.m. May 5 when Tobar stepped out in front of her vehicle.
Tobar struck her in the face, and forced her into the passenger seat of the vehicle. He took her cellphone and began to drive away, the affidavit stated.
The woman told police Tobar threatened to kill her if she tried to leave the vehicle.
She said Tobar later crashed the vehicle into some trees. He then grabbed her by the hair, and dragged her out of the vehicle.
She told police Tobar continued to punch and kick her.
According to the affidavit, she said Tobar choked her, then grabbed her chin and tried to “snap her neck.”
He then wrapped a T-shirt around her neck, “pulled it tight,” and pulled her up in the air.
The woman woke up, and was able to start her vehicle and get help.
She was taken to Seton Medical Center Harker Heights, the affidavit stated.
Tobar is currently in Bell County jail on $505,000 bail.
The grand jury also indicted the following on unrelated charges Wednesday:
- Edwin Cerencio Piedra, 22, of Killeen, on a charge of evading arrest with a motor vehicle.
- Jon Stephen Weber, 54, of Killeen, on a charge of assault on a family/household member, strangulation.
- Reginald Lamar Green Jr., 19, of Killeen, on two charges of burglary of a building.
- Meundre Donshay Sanders, 17, of Killeen, on two charges of burglary of a building.
- Terriphena Lynn Yazzie, 29, of Killeen, on a charge of possession of cocaine, 4 grams or more.
- Angel Luis Arce, 38, of Killeen, on a charge of possession of cocaine, 4 grams or more.
- Anthony Lee Durosette, 39, of Harker Heights, on a charge of driving while intoxicated, habitual offender.
- James Edward Johnson III., 32, of Killeen, on charge of assault on a family/household member, enhanced.
Contact Chris McGuinness at firstname.lastname@example.org or (254) 501-7568. Follow him on Twitter at ChrismKDH.