BELTON — A Killeen man is facing a felony assault charge in connection with the March 5 shooting of another man.
George Albert Price Jr., 23, was indicted by a Bell County grand jury Wednesday on a third-degree felony charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
According to an arrest affidavit, Killeen police were investigating a report of gunshots when they found a man sitting in a pool of blood in the 500 block of Wyoming Street. The man was shot in the leg.
The injured man said he was standing outside his apartment when he was approached by three men. Words were exchanged, and one of the men pulled out a gun and started shooting at him. The man said he reached into his apartment, grabbed his own gun, and returned fire.
The man identified Price as the person who shot him. Police picked up Price later that day at an apartment on Gilmer Street. Price had multiple bullet wounds to his ear, upper arm and leg.
Price is currently in Bell County Jail. His bond is set at $500,000.
The grand jury also indicted the following individuals Wednesday:
- Elias Mercado Flores, 35, of Killeen, on a charge of criminal mischief over $1,500.
- Danny Michael Lane Jr., 17, of Killeen, on a charge of burglary of a habitation.
- Vonciel Precious Olds, 36, of Killeen, on a charge of robbery and assault of a public servant.
- Elvira Maribel Carrizales, 31, of Killeen, on one charge of driving while intoxicated with a child passenger and two charges of intoxicated assault with a motor vehicle with serious bodily injury.
- Alex Renee Baptiste, 51, of Killeen, on a charge of assault of a family/household member, enhanced.
- Jermaine Ronnell Kendrick, 27, of Killeen, on a charge of assault on a public servant.
- Tevin Eugene Williams, 19, of Killeen, on a charge of fraudulent use of identifying information.
- Saul Elias Guevara, 36, of Killeen, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
- Frank Fitzgerald III, 34, of Killeen, on a charge of possession with intent to deliver cocaine, 4 grams or more, repeat offender.
- Cameron Lee Estes, 19, of Copperas Cove, on a charge of possession of cocaine, 1 gram or more.
- Treavor Lovell Ford, 22, of Killeen, on a charge of possession of cocaine, less than 1 gram.
Contact Chris McGuinness at firstname.lastname@example.org or (254) 501-7568. Follow him on Twitter at ChrismKDH.