BELTON — A 23-year-old Harker Heights man who police said stabbed another man before trying to run him over with a car was indicted Wednesday by a Bell County grand jury.
Darius Kion Carter was indicted on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a second-degree felony.
Harker Heights police responded to a residence in the 200 block of Jamie Drive March 11, and found a man who had been stabbed in the shoulder.
The victim said Carter stabbed him with a knife, according to an arrest affidavit.
The victim and a witness also told police that Carter then entered a vehicle, and drove toward the victim in an attempt to hit him. The victim was able to move out of the way, and Carter struck a vehicle parked in front of a nearby house, the affidavit stated.
The victim was treated at the scene by emergency medical service technicians, but refused transport to a hospital, according to officials from the Bell County district attorney’s office.
Police found Carter at a residence on Valley Road.
The arrest affidavit stated that Carter had blood stains on his hands, and that there was a knife in the driver’s seat of his car.
Carter is in custody in Bell County Jail. His bond was set at $100,000.
The following individuals also were indicted by a grand jury on Wednesday:
- Orean Tyler Harris, 22, of Killeen, on a charge of arson.
- Radames Diaz Jr., 33, of Killeen, on a charge of driving while intoxicated with a child passenger.
- Martin Juarez-Nieto, 42, of Killeen, on a charge of possession of cocaine, less than 1 gram.
- Israel Antonio Colon, 41, of Lampasas, on a charge of possession of cocaine, less than 1 gram.
- Christopher Durham, 42, of Killeen, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
- Christopher Dean Johnson, 45, of Killeen on a charge of burglary of a building, repeat offender.
- Dillon Chris Thomas, 20, of Fort Hood, on a charge of harassment of a public servant.
- Shawn Lee Taikratoke, 22, of Arlington, on a charge of theft over $1,500.
- Marcus Conrad McKee, 23, of Killeen, on a charge of unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon.
- Timothy David Brummet, on a charge of failure to comply with sex offender registration requirements.
- Kevin Tirrell Swafford, 38, of Forest, MS., on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon with bodily injury.
- Jamie Rojas Campos, 18, of Killeen, on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon with bodily injury.